Hey there. It’s been a while since I’ve been interacting with the community and I’ve been looking forward to migrate to Bitwarden.
The good news is: I’ve just migrated to it! (Yay! )
So now, I’ve noted some details we could put to good use for now and in the future.
I dug up the platforms and noticed some details that could be interesting for future features.
Notice: I also took my time to read tons of threads with cool ideas and feedback from the community. All I can say for now is a big thank you for how far the community has come. Congratulations to all users for all the support and feedback! You guys rock! Keep it going!
So now, back to the topic, I noted down a bunch of items to be done and which could be enhanced in a near future (maybe).
Let’s get to it.
- List items on Folders before deleting them, if logins greater than 1 (#app:web, #app:mobile, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Open Web vault shortcut (
Ctrl + Alt + Vor
Ctrl + Alt/Shift + B) (see item #9, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Unlock vault/app with PIN/Fingerprint (mentioned here and here) (#app:browser, #app:desktop, #app:web);
- Dark web vault / mobile app native interface (#app:web, #app:mobile);
Currently, the web extension supports dark themes. But I believe it could be ported to the other platforms as well. If you want a workaround for now (on Chrome) please check this extension instead. Or try Stylish, if you prefer as an alternative.
- Extension/App OAuth with vault.bitwarden.com (to ease the access without master password reprompt) (#app:browser, #app:mobile);
- Click Bitwarden’s icon to return to bitwarden.com front-page (#app:web);
- Add view password button to mobile app (it’s not showing on Android, not sure if on iOS as well) (#app:mobile);
- Interactive web vault and drag and drop items (like it’s done on Google Drive or ES File Explorer, for Android), right click custom [optionally dark themed] context menus, long press items [show tool tips] to view details, as material design guidelines) (#app:all);
This can lead to complex and entire re-coding, but I guess it’s better than not having actions with long pressing items, which wastes this feature.
- More hotkeys, such as a shortcut to lock the vault (
Ctrl + Shift + K) (as mentioned here) (see item #14) (#app:desktop, #app:browser, #app:web);
- Instant report of (master or generated) password strength/entropy (Such as KeePass or http://rumkin.com/tools/password/passchk.php) (#app:web, #app:mobile, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Option to ask for 2FA login once on each device (Settings) (not really sure if it works like this already) (#app:all);
- Add cross-platform sync profile picture (optionally), just like G-Suite (as mentioned here) (#app:all);
- Add option to view number of logins/items next to each folder (#app:web);
- Place a checkbox on the top line and next to each folder (to select all/none), or
Ctrl + Ato select all current page logins/items (Esc to cancel selection,
Ctrl + Ito invert selection) (please refer to item #9) (#app:web, #app:browser, #app:desktop). The same applies to mobile app (in a different way) by long pressing it, so a material design menu shows on the top (#app:mobile);
- Issue - Having to press several times to auto-fill the login/for (Android), with fingerprint authentication on (#app:mobile);
- Toggle grid/list view on vaults (#app:web, #app:mobile, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Option to view/merge duplicates (in case some data is imported twice or more than that) (as mentioned here) (#app:web, #app:mobile, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Make the portable/thumb drive version auto update-able (based on Telegram / Syncthing source-code, for example) (#app:desktop);
- Place bounties on BountySource.com, as mentioned here and here (#app:all);
- Save all entered data (like LastPass), with custom fields; (#app:browser, #app:mobile, #app:desktop);
- Import custom fields forms from other password managers (complex, but it might be possible to port to the code) (#app:web, #app:mobile, #app:browser, #app:desktop);
- Option to generate pronounceable or memorable passwords, such as suggested on https://xkpasswd.net/s/ (#app:all).
This is what I got for now. If you guys want to contribute with interesting topics and ideas, feel free to drop your comment(s).
I’ll try to keep this post updated as long as it goes.