Auto Fill not working on FireFox for Android

Hi,

I am using FireFox for Android (and even tried many of its variants like Fennec). Unfortunately, the Auto Fill feature never works from the first time if the vault is locked.

Steps that fail:

1. Open a website with a form.
  2. Click the empty field and choose AutoFill with Bitwarden.
  3. Put in the master password to unlock the vault.
    At this point you expect BitWarden to unlock the vault AND fill the form, however, when I do this, it doesn’t fill the fields at all.

Steps that work:

3. Put in the master password to unlock the vault.
  4. Refresh the page again.
  5. Click the empty field and choose AutoFill with Bitwarden (which has already been unlocked in the previous step).
    Now only it is able to fill the fields.

Would you please check this bug and fix it? It has been ongoing for several months now.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Same problem here. Works fine with Chrome, but on FF only as you described.
Is this a Bitwarden or FF issue?
Phone: OnePlus 7, Android: 11, FF: 88.1.4.

3 Likes

I was reading a lot about this issue and wanted to provide a very quick workaround that helped me.

let style = window.getComputedStyle(document.getElementById('email'))
  if (style && style.backgroundColor !== inputBackgroundNormalState) {
    this.inputAutofilledByBrowser = true
  }

where inputBackgroundNormalState for my template is ‘rgb(255, 255, 255)’.

So basically when browsers apply autocomplete they tend to indicate that the input is autofilled by applying a different (annoying) yellow color on the input.

Edit : this works for every browser.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. However I don’t need to refresh the page for it to work.

My steps that work are:

3. Unlock the vault.
  4. Select the login details to autofill.
  5. Bitwarden will close but the fields will remain empty.
  6. Click the empty field and choose AutoFill with Bitwarden.
  7. Select the login details to autofill.

Now only it is able to fill the fields.

2 Likes

@Delta How do you get BW to pop up again? It refuses to show again in the form field that it failed to fill unless I refresh the page.

Even then it won’t fill the fields for me on most sites in FF Android :frowning: I’m pretty unhappy with BW so far. It also doesn’t work well in FF on Windows!

3 Likes

It’s pretty annoying and the issue is not fixed for nearly a year. Isn’t there a solution?

1 Like

I am still facing this issue on Firefox Android. I am not sure if this is a problem with Bitwarden or Firefox. The Bitwarden autofill popup does appear but it does not autofill.

2 Likes

Yeah never got this resolved. It’s sad that Bitwarden team is ignoring such bug in an important browser like FireFox. Is there anyway we can draw their attention to that problem?

3 Likes

Same problem for me. Any resolution incoming?

1 Like

Just +1-ing this issue.

1 Like

Joined to +1 this bug. Android 10. Huawei device. Working in chrome.

1 Like

Hi Trey @tgreer

Do you think you can support us by moving this thread to another category that can be seen by the team as a bug report? It seems to be a bug that a lot of people are complaining about.

Thanks.
Andrew

1 Like

@aguirguis we have an open issue for this actually :slight_smile:

We use GitHub for reports like this, but this thread is a good discussion area, too.

2 Likes

@tgreer I’m also finding that it isn’t working on Chrome on Windows 10 either for sites where it used to work before - all since the latest update. Is that a known issue too? (currently on 1.56.5)