Share folder with organization

I’m coming from (and hoping to ditch) LastPass where I had created a folder that I shared with my wife. I want to share using organizations in BW and I’m wondering if I’m missing something or if the only way to do this is to go to the folder and select all the items in it and share. Is there any way to make the folder itself shareable so that when I put a new login/item in that folder, it’s automatically shared? I’m asking because I’m also using sub-folders (they got imported from LP with slashes in the name so they’re not really represented as sub-folders in BW but that’s another matter I see posts about)

Thanks

2 Likes

At this time, no. Sharing can only be done through individual item collection assignment.

I have a related question. I’ve setup sharing with my wife using an organization. I am able to share items from within the web interface. However, I would like to be able to add an item to the shared collection when I’m creating a new item using the browser plugin or on mobile. I don’t see any option to do so. Do I really have to go to bitwarden.com to add new items to the shared collection?

@Bart_Kummel Add item to collection during creation

Hi, but how I enable this?
When extension asks to store new credentials (“Should Bitwarden remember this password for you?”). there is only “Never for this website” and “Yes, Save Now”
Clicking on “Yes”, silently creates new item in “My Vault” ONLY.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it does only create in “My Vault”. You then have to:

1. wait for it to show up in the vault
  2. then find it
  3. then edit it to add it to a Collection

It would be nice if there was an option somewhere, that allows a popout that asks if you want to share it to an Organization (and to what Collection).

Within the app (or website), it’s also be nice if you could drag/drop the item into a particular Collection, to automatically share with that Organization’s Collection… or potentially to “Sync” a Folder with a Collection for easy sharing based on folder.

1 Like

I have the same issue. The link “Add item to collection during creation” is not working.