On screen prompt appears for a nano second

Hi all
I’ve just started using bitwarden on my tablet. When I log into sites, the fill prompt appears for less then a second, so it’s not usable. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way I can get it to appear for longer?

2 Likes

Same here, and the autofill permanent notification has disappeared. This happened since last update.

Android OS: 9 Pie

Latest BW update did not fix this.

Phone: Samsung Note 8
Browser: Chrome, Edge
BW: 2.3.1 (2257)

Cableghost, Could you provide a sample website where you see the issue?
I have the same phone configuration and would like to try and reproduce. Thanks.

The latest update also broke the pop-up for me. Like others have reported, it appears for a split second and then disappears.

At least in the past, I could use the notification to autofill.
LG V40 Android 9
Brave 1.5.9 based on Chrome 80.0.3987.132
Firefox 68.6

Interestingly, Chrome 80.0.3987.149 works

Seems like it’s not phone specific, but a sample site would be… http://samsung.com

Same issue here. All apps. Android 10 on pixel 2.

1 Like

I tried samsung.com and also had a temporarily issue until I enabled both Auto-fill services under Bitwarden > Settings, the Auto-fill Service and the Auto-fill Accessibility Service. We also have this note https://help.bitwarden.com/article/auto-fill-android/

I had both enabled. I have cleared data, uninstalled/reinstalled BW. Nothing I’m not doing, according to that help article.

This started after a BW update, and the permanent notification disappeared.

Please go to GitHub to continue this discussion.

Topic closed 4 days ago and it’s still happening even with latest update.

Same issue on My Pixel 4.

Same issue on my Huawei P20 Pro. Disappointed as a recent convert form LastPass to Bitwarden.

Same here. And if i able to fill the u&p, “Go to my vault” prompt stays there forever, sometimes on log in button, sometimes on keyboard. It’s frustrating.
I even made a clean install of Android for this issue. Nothing seems to work.

Rolled back to 2.2.8… Everything is smooth as before. I really didn’t like the overlaying popup. IMO notification is so much better.

Same issue here, is very annoying. They need a workaround as it’s in usable as is. Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g

Hey @Adam_Hinds, can you let me know if updating your OS, reinstalling Bitwarden or checking out the Android Troubleshooting Guide resolves the issue?