Bitwarden Should Expand Its Social Media Prescence (Odysee, Mastodon, Fediverse, etc.)

With the rise of people wanting to break free from Big Tech’s platforms, there are some really great alternatives that the Bitwarden team should look into for interacting with their customers, some of which will bring even more customers to Bitwarden.

For example, Odysee is a popular YouTube alternative that can do things that YouTube does. Odysee even allows synchronization with a YouTube channel, meaning if the Bitwarden team upload a video on its YouTube channel, it will automatically get copied to its Odysee channel.

There are plenty of more platforms that people can mention in the replies. I definitely think this will help Bitwarden as a company long term wise and helps build more trust with people.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions!

We want to make sure any official channels we engage in have proper support and coverage from the Bitwarden team, so we have to choose very intentionally :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

This feature is really cool. For example, I would like to log in with decentralized social networks like Snort(Nostr), Odysee, Mastodon, Matrix etc in Bitwarden. I wonder if it wouldn’t be possible to have a ‘decentralized social login’ similar to what is requested here: Social Login

Or wouldn’t we better merge that feature request here: Social Login, Require NFT for Login Option, SQRL Identity, Login to community with Bitwarden Account , Login with Apple, Login With Device using Apple Watch?

@tgreer can we merge all this in a single topic here? For example, can we consider having alternative logins on Bitwarden as a measure to expand Bitwarden’s presence in more places?

@anon31427389 This feature request is unrelated to the others that you have linked (other than the mention of the word “Social” in this topic title and in the topic title of one of the other threads that you linked). The feature request in the current thread is about Bitwarden’s social media presence, not about logging in using social media.

This is also a very outdated thread (over two years old), and the feature request proposed here has since begun to be implemented, as Bitwarden now does have social media presence on Mastodon, for example.

1 Like

Hi @grb.

I thought it would be interesting to offer an alternative login option, as managing social media is a complex thing to do. Imagine updating 20 different social networks with a different type of audience. About that, is my suggestion a bad one?

an idea: My general idea was that since Bitwarden didn’t have this feature, it would make more sense to associate the alternate login idea.

That makes sense? what do you think of my suggestion?

I’m not sure I understand your suggestion, but regardless, it belongs in its own thread.

I was trying to help this topic by saying that there is a similar alternative: login alterntive topic. And that since there was “not much interest in creating several alternative social networks in Bitwarden”, login alternative would exist as an alternative here.

So thank you so much for showing me that I’m wrong about this idea.