- Automatic Biometrics Prompt on Open Popup
Unlock with biometricsis enabled, clicking extension will trigger biometrics prompt automatically as default behavior.
- A checkbox option should exist to disable this behavior and require original behavior of clicking
Unlock with biometricson lock screen.
- Avoid triggering biometrics prompt after clicking
- I originally commented on this at: Far too many prompts to unlock with biometrics (Windows Hello + browser) - #3 by cho-m
Clients / Repos Affected:
Timeline to completion (estimate):
I tried out a quick implementation, which can be seen in below GitHub comparison pages:
- Comparing bitwarden:master...cho-m:auto-biometrics · bitwarden/browser · GitHub
- Comparing bitwarden:master...cho-m:auto-biometrics · bitwarden/jslib · GitHub
Some things that may need to be discussed:
- decide if better to swap default behavior and checkbox option
- not too sure if there is a better way to detect initial lock screen. currently using the
window.previousPopupUrl, which is modified after every
- possibly tweaking timing. currently set to 100ms matching the element focus event.