Automatic Biometrics Prompt on Open Popup

@tgreer oke thanks for update. if i can test let me know.

Now is the time to battle against 1Password…

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for the work put into this already! Came to the forums for the first time to see if a feature like this was on the roadmap, and there it was. Looking forward to this!

@tgreer Is the Biometric prompt still on schedule to be released soon?

Yep! End of this month :metal:

3 Likes

@tgreer Just installed the new Bitwarden update from the appstore but not default biometric option! :cry:

We maintained the prior functionality by default. Uncheck the ‘Do not prompt for biometrics on launch’ button :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tgreer That option was already unchecked in my settings. When i click in the browser extension it doesnt give me default the touch id, i have to click on the Unlock with biometrics again.

Update: this option was enabled in the Bitwarden browser extension, i looked in the Bitwarden app. So turned it off in the exention and now the browser extension show the touch id option when clicking on it!

On the other hand the default biometric option doesnt work for the Bitwarden app, ‘Do not prompt for biometrics on launch’ option is unchecked and is still have to click Unlock with biometrics.
So the browser extension works but the bitwarden app itself it doesnt work.

@Samplex this feature contribution was just for the Browser extension :+1:

@tgreer Can this also be enabled for the Bitwarden app? Why put the option in the app but its only for the browser?

@Samplex this was a generous community contribution from @danep

@danep Thanks for the Touch ID adjustment in the browser extension, can you also make this happen for the Bitwarden app?

@danep Any news on this?

@Samplex This should already be implemented.