I have verified that none of the information that my screenshots present is confidential, so do not worry! They are placeholders or information that is public anyway.
- Enter the name/concept of the feature being requested:
Any field should be possible to designate as a special field, of which Password, Username, and URI are some examples.
- What will this feature do differently?
Instead of one predefined Username field and one predefined Password field, this shall allow multiple Password and Username fields to be supported, which shall consequently allow encryption of more than one field because more than one shall be possible to designate as a Password. (Additionally, this shall allow more consistent presentation of what each form is because all types of special forms shall be tagged rather than arbitrarily segmented.)
- This shall allow users that require custom fields for password and username autofill, which “http://community.bitwarden.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/4/44d70973a27dadfb83734ae535eab7037fd743a2.png” demonstrates, to be able to autofill those fields without unnecessary duplication of their credentials and consequent storage of their password without encryption, which “http://community.bitwarden.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/4/44d70973a27dadfb83734ae535eab7037fd743a2.png” additionally demonstrates.
- This would provide the ability to filter which forms to observe whilst observing entries that contain many forms, which “http://community.bitwarden.com/uploads/default/original/3X/c/a/ca1418ee010154435296b7f7ce82410d68abe387.png” demonstrates are difficult to search and maintain if some credentials are duplicated.
- Some of my accounts actually require multiple TOTP codes. Yeah, it is as annoying as you imagine. For this, maintenance of multiple accounts within Bitwarden is necessary. This is infeasible.
- Lastly, and most importantly, this would allow duplicate entries of credentials that exist for the aforementioned reasons to be hidden if “Master password re-prompt” is set to enabled for the entry.
Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature?
Duplication of features for each type of field would become unnecessary. “Allow re-ordering websites” demonstrates how without consistent maintenance of each, this may become problematic if more are added.
Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful?
“http://reddit.com/comments/7iszbu” states that additional forms for authenticative information would be useful addition.
If I were an organization that was searching for an autofill and credential manager, this would be utterly necessary. However, even as a user, I am pushing the limits of my ability to organize my accounts with what Bitwarden currently provides: I possess 1020 entries, all with custom fields for information, of which much is for authentication.