'Unlock your vault' in context menu, opening annoying new tab, is it only me?

Hi, when I click on BW context menu ‘Unlock your vault’:

an annoying Chrome new tab is opening itself automatically, so you lose the Chrome tab where you were which is annoying:
why not just opening this ?

If you know that you are about to autofill, why not unlock your vault first? I recommend using the Ctrl+Shift+Y keyboard shortcut to unlock the browser extension, then Ctrl+Shift+L to autofill.

It does not solve the issue: if you press Ctrl+Shift+L is it still opening a new tab if you are not Bitwarden account is lock. Opening a new tab at this point is a really bad Bitwarden user experience design.

That’s why I had suggested to use Ctrl+Shift+Y first, to open the browser extension and unlock your vault.

Ctrl+Shift+Y is exactly the pop-up I am trying to avoid because of this:

If that’s what you’re seeing when you use Ctrl+Shift+Y, then your vault is already unlocked, and Ctrl+Shift+L will not open a new browser tab (which is what your concern was in the previous post).

In any case, Bitwarden is not “forcing” you to show your credit card and name. This is an option that you can change to suit your preferences, by going to Settings > Options > Display:

1 Like

I have already tested, but this is not a solution :

These features are very useful, but BW force you to show the details to all when in Visio.

Well, there is a trade-off between privacy and convenience in this case.

Sounds like your best solutions would be:

1. Make sure that your vault is unlocked before using Visio (and that the vault time-out option is longer than the Visio session).

2. Temporarily disable screen sharing in Visio while unlocking Bitwarden.

3. Connect a second monitor (that is not used for screen sharing in Visio), and use the second monitor to unlock the browser extension — you can open a second instance of the browser for this purpose.

Also, you may want to vote for the Feature Request Credit card autofill using hotkey or on page load , since this would allow you to retain the convenience of credit card autofilling, while also using the privacy option of hiding the credit card information from the “Tab” view.

Sounds like your best solutions would be:

1. Make sure that your vault is unlocked before using Visio (and that the vault time-out option is longer than the Visio session).
  2. Temporarily disable screen sharing in Visio while unlocking Bitwarden.
  3. Connect a second monitor (that is not used for screen sharing in Visio), and use the second monitor to unlock the browser extension — you can open a second instance of the browser for this purpose.

None of the 3 are doable in real life. A visio is often coming out of nowhere, with people you do not even often really know. This is only feasible when you have a yearly review with your manager, but in this situation, I am not concerned about the full name and bank name being displayed.

Also, you may want to vote for the Feature Request Credit card autofill using hotkey or on page load , since this would allow you to retain the convenience of credit card autofilling, while also using the privacy option of hiding the credit card information from the “Tab” view.

I do not agree with a shortcut, as it is not something people use every hour. A icon or just a card text I can define myself would be enough.

How do you fill out identities and card when you have the 2 options above unselected ?
when I click on my card on identity, the card open itself instead of filling the current webpage :persevere: