Show 'tab' tab rather than 'vault' tab after signing into browser addon

Show ‘tab’ tab rather than ‘vault’ tab after signing into browser addon

Feature function

After signing into the browser addon, it should display the current tab ‘tab’ in the addon rather than the ‘vault’ tab. This is more consistent with user intent of clicking on the addon. In other apps (desktop, mobile etc) there isn’t the context of the current page that needs a password after signing into the app. This is not true for the browser addon.

Normal unlocked addon user behaviour:

• visit some site
  • require password
  • open browser addon
    • addon is open to the ‘tab’ tab.
  • click to autofill password

Behaviour when the addon has locked

• visit some site
  • require password
  • open browser addon
  • signin to bitwarden
  • current state is on vault tab, need to change to ‘tab’ tab
  • click to autofill password

Benefits

• will reduce the number of clicks a user needs to do to use the app
  • behaviour is closer to what a user is expecting with the app
  • less context switching for a user

Which browser extension are you using? I am unable to reproduce this behavior in the Chrome browser extension. Whether the extension is initially locked or not, it always opens on the Tab tab (after unlocking, if it was locked), as long as there is a matching URI for the tab. It only opens on the Vault tab if the vault doesn’t contain any URI that matches the URL in the current browser tab.

I’m unable to reproduce this as well, can you provide additional information?

I think this description is not the way i use my password manager. I log into my Bitwarden, hit the VAULT tab and then go to favorites and click on the item i would like to open. Therefore access to FAVORITES either as a list or a hover over with drop down menu would be best for me. When i open BW i have to first click the bottom VAULT to get access to my FORVORITES list. I am coming from 1Password and they have a hover over FAVORITES that creates a drop down list of my most commonly used logins. I prefer the 1Password method.

BW could just put in an option to open in TAB or VAULT view to give the user the choice of the opening view. FAVORITES could be on the top or accessed by a hover over to a full list.