Unable to add Organization to self hosted

I setup a family organization, and when I try to add the license to my self hosted install, I get this exception from the API container. Currently running the latest build (I just ran an update prior to attempting to add). Any ideas?

Request starting HTTP/1.0 POST http://xxx/organizations/license multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------220292902423444 2368
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.JwtBearer.JwtBearerHandler[2]
Successfully validated the token.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.JwtBearer.JwtBearerHandler[8]
AuthenticationScheme: BearerIdentityServerAuthenticationJwt was successfully authenticated.
info: IdentityServer4.AccessTokenValidation.IdentityServerAuthenticationHandler[8]
AuthenticationScheme: Bearer was successfully authenticated.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.DefaultAuthorizationService[1]
Authorization was successful for user: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker[1]
Executing action method Bit.Api.Controllers.OrganizationsController.PostLicense (Api) with arguments (Bit.Core.Models.Api.OrganizationCreateLicenseRequestModel) - ModelState is Valid
fail: Bit.Api.Utilities.ExceptionHandlerFilterAttribute[0]
Version 4 is not supported.
System.NotSupportedException: Version 4 is not supported.
at Bit.Core.Models.Business.OrganizationLicense.GetDataBytes(Boolean forHash) in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/src/Core/Models/Business/OrganizationLicense.cs:line 145
at Bit.Core.Models.Business.OrganizationLicense.VerifySignature(X509Certificate2 certificate) in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/src/Core/Models/Business/OrganizationLicense.cs:line 220
at Bit.Core.Services.OrganizationService.d__25.MoveNext() in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/src/Core/Services/Implementations/OrganizationService.cs:line 555
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Bit.Api.Controllers.OrganizationsController.d__15.MoveNext() in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/src/Api/Controllers/OrganizationsController.cs:line 201
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object )
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__12.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__10.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__14.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__23.MoveNext()

Sounds like your trying to upload it in the wrong place. Organizations != premium

I created a new bitwarden.com vault account, and purchased a family org license, Go into the settings / licensing and go to download the key, enter the installation id, and download the bitwarden_organization_license.json.

From there, I login to my bitwarden web, go to settings, create organization, it asks me for the license file, select the json and upload, and it throws the error.

Does the email address on the account have to match, or is it just based on the org id?

Hmm. Could you email support with your license file so we can have a look? [email protected]