Some way to move the auto fil rectangle that pops up for sign?

On my android phone, the auto fil rectangle pops up right on top of the user name or password entry rectangles to sign in. It is very annoying not being able to see the user name or password area.

If I scroll the screen up or down, the auto fil rectangle moves with it, still covering it up.

Very annoying. Is there a setting or someway that I can move that auto fil rectangle (such as a long press and drag - - doesn’t work) out of the way so it is easy so I can read what’s under it?

Also, sometimes I have two blocks that pop up to sign in: 1) the Bit Warden auto fil block and a second one, 2) the actual name of the app. If I click on the second link it auto fills in the info for the user name and password (no security measures), if I click on the Bit Warden auto fil, then it takes me to the vault to click on the app in the vault, which is what I want.

(not sure if I explained it properly). What can I do to eliminate the non wanted pop up? Is that something in Bit Warden settings or the individual app that causes that?
Thx

That is exactly how it is intended to work - if you have credentials saved for the website you’re on, then you get the popup so you can fill in your login details by clicking on the account name. You only have to go into Bitwarden if no match is found for the site you’re on.

The security measures are there - if you’re signed into Bitwarden and it isn’t locked, then it enters the login details. It won’t do that if you’re not signed in or your vault is locked.

Well, I’m not sure. I was directed to this site via your answer and notification thru my email. I had not signed in to this site, yet. When I clicked onto the Bit Warden pop up, it took me to my Bit Warden vault. To get into the vault, I had to, either put in my pin to open it up, or use the fingerprint (which I use) to get into the vault, then click onto the app, which puts in my name and password in the correct app sign in field. This is the way, I thought it should work.

The other way bypasses the vault security measures. Anyone can just click on the pop up and get into the app (it by passes the security vault). So, if someone has my phone, they can get into my app and info in it?

I’m new to using this app, although I’ve had Bit Warden quite a while. I’m just kind of learning to use it. I just bought me a new laptop computer last week (have been without a computer for a couple of years) and am trying to get Bit Warden installed and working correctly in it and synced with my phone.

Thx, for your help.

It doesn’t bypass security, it’ll just let you in straight away if you are signed into your vault and it is unlocked. If your vault is locked, it won’t automatically fill in your details.

You can change the lock settings in the app. Settings > Vault Timeout > Immediately will make it work the way you want.

1 Like