[Solved] Lost master password AND cannot delete account

Sorry for the bandwidth – I know this must be a common problem. Through unexpected circumstances and a couple of months not using Bitwarden, I lost track of my Bitwarden master password. I tried to take the advice in the documentation and just delete the account. HOWEVER I got an error message that I can’t delete the account because of an Organization being linked to the account (and only the account). I can’t figure out how to delete the Organization. I’m sure the Organization was created only for testing purposes and is not needed, and I can’t remember its name.

Can someone please help me? I really don’t want to create a second account with a different email address. Is there any way to get past this problem? — If you ask Bitwarden support in the right desperate tone of voice, can they do something? It seems unlikely that they really cannot delete an account with special problems.

Thaniks!!
Richard Dent
[email protected]

Definitely reach out to our friendly CS Team - they can work with you help figure out the best path to resolution :+1:

Thank you Trey Greer. The CS team did respond and delete the account. I can’t figure out how to mark the request as resolved.

Excellent!

No worries on the [solved] label. I’ll add it to the title, no need to change anything else :slight_smile: