Recent/frequently used logins section

In addition to the favorites section, it would be nice to have a section for credentials that were used recently or the top most frequently used logins.

I absolutely agree. But this request was made almost a year ago, and itā€™s still not implemented. Please add a recently used pull-right menu to the logins section. I donā€™t otherwise care about marking favorites. Thanks.

A separate ā€œRecently Usedā€ list is, IMO, better than (but not a replacement for!) being able to sort by ā€˜recently usedā€™.

Bumping this for visibility.

Oftentimes, we need to frequently access a particular password from an entry that is not regularly used to be in ā€œfavouritesā€. EG, when setting up a modem/network connection. it was frustrating af to type or scroll for the entry every time.

Bumping and voting for this. Iā€™m not a fan of Last Pass. I have to use it at work. One of the features I do like in the browser plugin is the Recently Used option. Very handy. Please add this to Bitwarden browser plugin!

Adding vote for this. Could you please implement this feature

Adding another vote for this. We frequently have to lookup passwords for different accounts to copy the password then will also have to enter the 2FA for the same account. Having to search for the same entry twice gets incredibly frustrating and I feel like having the last 3-5 entries with copied data be put in a recently used list (possibly an option to enable/disable) would be incredibly helpful. Specifically, Iā€™m hoping for this functionality in the web browser extension, but the app would also be helpful.

Hey Trevor, can you tell me a little bit more about how youā€™re using the browser extension?

Currently in my personal use, I use my browser bookmarks (confirmed for security purposes) and then use the auto-fill keyboard shortcut which also copies the token to the clipboard so you can immediately paste it:

• If a login uses the Bitwarden Authenticator for TOTPs, using the Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + L will automatically copy your TOTP to your clipboard after auto-filling. All you have to do is Cmd/Ctrl + V to paste!

I actually wasnā€™t aware of the auto TOTP copy feature so this solves my issue.

1 Like

Hi there,

just installed and coming over from LastPass.
Could you add a Recent Items section to the browser extensions? This was a really handy feature in LastPass as everyone is always using recent items.

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I couldnā€™t see it.

Thanks,

1 Like

I definitely second this - especially on Android where autofill can be a bit unreliable.

It would be really useful to have, in addition to favorites, a recently used set of passwords that appear on topā€“perhaps even in which the user could set the number, between like 2 and 7.

Hi, Iā€™d like to have in my clients (Windows / Android) an additional sorting.

It already exists:

• all items
  • favorites
  • trash

Iā€™d like to have:

• often used ones

That would be awesome. Thanks.
Wolle

Agreed! Having a recently-used list is the only thing I missed after making the transition from LastPass to Bitwarden. LastPass not only had a recently-used list, but allowed you to choose how many items it would track (from 10 to 30).

Please add this, Bitwarden team?

A great place for this feature could be the initial empty search screen (on Mobile) - but as soon as the input contains data, it would switch to [itā€™s current functionality] of showing results.

On desktop/web, a new ā€œautocompleteā€ pane could appear on focus of the search field, initially showing ā€œrecently viewed itemsā€, but then changing to show results when search data is inputted.

1 Like

Yup, a Recently Used Menu selection of Vault Itemsā€¦Please!

Like Daire stated, I too am coming from LastPass and its Recently Used menu list of items was quite handy! Not being able to find something similar in Bitwarden, I came here to see if I may had missed the option ā€“ apparently not.

However ironically, the LastPass folks created a new/modified entry menu (which contained the Recently Used list) into their browser app (Firefox in my case) and it didnā€™t work worth a crap. I had to return to the original menu because of that. Only for a while, the move back to the old menu didnā€™t ā€œstickā€, returning me to the new menu, which caused additional frustration!

My conclusion about this buggy LastPass offering, was that if a new version of the entry menu didnā€™t work as planned, I wondered how accurate and reliable the rest of the programming might be ā€“ the under-the-hood programming that I couldnā€™t see!?!

This along with other issues caused me to seek another Password manager, after being a paid client of LastPass for several years.