Organization Item in Folder and Collection

Hi,

Working in the Web Vault…

When I selecting Move to Organization, I can easily Move an Item in My Vault to a selected Collection in my Family Organization.

However, the moved Item also stays in my original My Vault Folder, and also shows up in the No Folder of the Folders section of the Organization’s People.

Having the Item stay in My Vault’s Folder seems normal, but should it only show up in Collections for the other People in the Organization?

The double entry part (in Folders and Collections) for an Organization’s
People seems unnecessary.

Is this double Item entry normal/expected?

Is there an alternate method I should be using to share/move Items into Collections?

Thanks,

TS

Welcome, @ThatSaid!

You’re going about it the correct way. Think of folders as ‘tags’ for individual users.

You may keep the shared Twitter login inside a Social media folder in your view of the world, while they file it under Marketing Logins or something completely different.

It’ll be in “no folder” until they assign it to one, but it will always be in the same collections across the organization.

This puzzled me also, starting collections within my family and thinking ‘everything must be hierarchical and be in one set’. But if I understand correctly now:

• Collections are groupings with an authorisation attached and exist within an organisation. An item can belong in multiple collections, but each collection has its own (group of) accounts with read/write access.

• Folders are personal groupings with arbitrary meaning, often they share the same characteristic from a personal point of view. For example a private folder and a work folder, or one for bank accounts and one for retail. These folders have no meaning within an organisation and the same item can be put in another folder by another person.

So the same item (lets say Netflix account) can be seen in:

• Collection Kids and Collection Parents or just one of them.
  • Parent A puts it in folder “Streaming” and sees it there when all faults are on. If only the personal vault is selected it disappears from the folder “Streaming” view.
  • Parent B puts it in folder “Entertainment” and sees it there when all faults are on. If only the personal vault is selected it disappears from the folder “Entertainment” view.
  • Parent A has no folder named “Entertainment”.
  • Parent B has no folder named “Streaming”.