✅ Option to Remove Number of Matching Logins Badge

I’m wavering. Instinctively I dislike it, but for rarely visited, non privacy-sensitive sites, it can be quite handy to be reminded I have a login.

But, on balance, I would like to be able to turn it off.

1 Like

I just joined just because of this issue. In my opinion, there are three reasons for this to be optional

1. It’s distracting / unappealing to look at. Some would like a clean look to their browser, the constant number badge doesn’t help. To be honest, even the color of the icon stands out against the other icons, but that’s another topic.

2. Number badges and changes in icons are notifications. While the number badge does provide useful information in some usecases, it does not imply need for action. Number badges for unread messages imply need for action. This overlaps with being distracting. Especially if one is already logged in the information is not helpful.

3. Most critical: The information conveyed through the number badge may be private. When someone peeks over ones shoulder they are able to tell that one has multiple accounts for e.g. facebook/reddit. Many users with multiple accounts don’t want others to know that they have multiple accounts. This is a privacy issue.

6 Likes

Like others, I was inspired to register just for this feature. For many reasons already touched upon, I really do hope we get the option to turn this off.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with what I’ve read so far on this thread!

It would be wonderful to have the option to turn the matching logins badge on/off, depending upon the user’s preference.

All of that having been said, thank you to everybody at Bitwarden for creating such a fantastic product! Please do keep up the good work!

I also signed up just to vote for this feature. Bitwarden’s UI is so good it’s surprising this option doesn’t exist, LastPass lets you disable the annoying and useless badge icon. Also, the badge icon already doesn’t exist on the Safari extension, so you should be able to disable it on Chrome.

I’m in the rare set of people who actually like it!

5 Likes

Trying out bitwarden as I am sick of the slow-buggy lastpass firefox addon. This particular feature immediately stood out to me, was sort of surprised not to find a way to disable it… seems such a “standard” option for addons (uBlock Origin, decentreleyes, privacy badger, lastpass, they all have it).

So +1 for the feature! Personally I find the number and the fact that it changes as I switch tabs or load websites super distracting… please make this happen.

Not a huge deal but yes, I would like to hide the badge. Lastpass allowed it.

1 Like

+1 Option to hide would be great!

I would also like instructions on this

rare set of people ? Not sure !

3 Likes

please provide instructions for this! thanks!

I also only created an account in this community to vote for this option. Please bring this and listen to your userbase!

I like it too. Missed this little badge when using 1Password. :wink:
So if Bitwarden team thinks about removing this badge please make it optional. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Add me to the list of people who signed up just to vote this request. It seems crazy that such a tiny change still hasn’t been added after several years. I want to reserve number badges for notifications, not private info like how many logins I have.

Personally, I want the badge to more obvious, and so I’ve used custom CSS to do so.

If anyone wants that code, or code to completely remove the badge, just ask. I offered the latter a long time ago, but no one expressed interest.

1 Like

Dropping a +1 here after creating an account, having this option would be nice!

I just registered this forum to request this option…

1 Like

Just do it! i’m already delete my Lastpass data, don’t disappoint me

+1 just registered for this too

1 Like