Having trouble with Bitwarden Browser Extensions? (Chome, Firefox, etc)

The updated Bitwarden extension (version 1.56.3) for Chrome is now published in the Chrome Web Store, so please update the extension if your browser is not set to update it automatically. It may also be a good idea to disable the extension, restart Chrome, then re-enable the extension after it has updated to version 1.56.3.

If it still does not work for you, there are some suggestions in the first post of this thread.

If you were having problems with the previous release of the extension, I hope this fixes everything for you! :smiley:

still not working after 1.56.3!
even after trying all the tricks in the post above…

this is sooo poor / unprofessional!!!

1. testing not done or not properly done!

2. no proper deployment plan (wonder if these guys have heard of a backout plan)!

now over 24 hours without a proper fix

we all make mistakes but this is totally unacceptable…

1 Like

It doesn’t fix things. It made things worse. Before the sync trick was working, but now it doesn’t.

1 Like

can’t believe they can’t just backout?!?
is there any way to get back to the previous version!

1.56.4 APPEARS to work…
available here: https://github.com/bitwarden/browser/releases

there’s also ZILCH comms from bitwarden about progress / lack thereof…
really appalling!!!

That’s not exactly true. See responses here:

To be fair, it seems like the small team at Bitwarden has been working extremely hard to solve the issues in release 1.56. Kudos guys. :+1:

1 Like

yep it is broken in Chrome (Chrome RESOLVED FFox not so much)

and i the mean

time in FIREFOX

uninstall and reinstall after update on feb 12 solved this in Chrome but firefox, below, is still not seeing the windows app

didn’t solve it for me…
still not working!

1.56.4 APPEARS to work…
available here: https://github.com/bitwarden/browser/releases

OK, but it’s all over the place…
are we supposed to go to four different places to find out what’s happening?
why is there nothing there? https://status.bitwarden.com/

sorry, but as an IT professional, i just don’t understand how they could mess up like this… as said above, testing? backout plan? none of that, unfortunately!

@PhilG There are definitely lots of things in motion! The status page has the issue posted. It’s not a ‘current’ issue since it has been resolved in client updates.

As for backout/rollback/etc - the app stores don’t have any forceful mechanism to change clients on consumer’s devices (for good reason of course) - you must go forward, and it just takes a little bit of time for those updates to be tested, submitted, approved, and then actually applied to your browser.

3 Likes

The latest revision 15.3 seems to have fixed it with Chrome. You must go back in and set the timeout to NEVER if you had it set that way before.

I have the latest version (1.56.3) and am still unable to stay logged into BW via the Chrome extension, or access any vault entries, though accessing via the web or Firefox extension works normally.

Thanks David,

It is now showing v1.56.3 and also working properly. So, I guess it must have updated automatically.

Thanks again to the Bitwarden team.

I can confirm that both the Chrome browser and the Windows desktop app are back to normal. Thanks for the hard work in getting this solved!

2 Likes

I’m only seeing a 1.55.0 for Firefox.

@tgreer in this case may i respectfully suggest a couple of things?

1. change the status page so people can see/understand what’s going on in a single place, without having to go to different threads?

2. include information about github, so people can get the issue fixed without the additional delay of getting the new revision to the chrome (or other for that matter) store?

Please add the already reported issue with the Chrome console warnings to your list of known issues: Can’t load source maps cluttering console

Windows 10 x64
Chrome Version 98.0.4758.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Bitwarden Version: 1.56.4