Chrome error [Error: cannot decrypt] after a power outage

This fix also worked for me. Great call.

Same for me, please fix it

the fix (log out and back in again) doesn’t work consistently

neither does uninstalling and re-installing the plugin

the Edge plugin seems to be working fine (for the moment - hope it doesn’t update!)

Go SETTINGS → SYNC. And “SYNC NOW”!
FIXED! YOUR WELCOME!
:grin:

18 Likes

Vault Synced several times … still consuming 100% CPU and getting disabled by Chrome

1 Like

Hey everyone! We’ve paused further updates on this version and are investigating - thanks for raising the issue!

9 Likes

Had the same error on Chrome once upgraded. Fixed by disabling and then re-enabling the plugin (no reinstall needed).

1 Like

Yes! This works! :grin:

Had the same issue. Triggering a sync cleared the problem for me.

2 Likes

Had the same issue

you’re our life saver! thx

1 Like

Go SETTINGS → SYNC. And “SYNC NOW”!
FIXED! YOUR WELCOME!

= Working great! Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Thanks a lot it works!

Thanks man! It worked just fine. Otherwise I had to login again by first manually logging out. Phew!

1 Like

Just to add to the issue:

• Disabling and re-enabling the extension worked but only until the next browser restart.
  • Syncing the vault worked but TOTP stopped working and the error was back after browser restart.
  • Logging out and logging back in worked but the error was back after browser restart.

The only way that works for me consistently is to unlock the vault in expansion immediately after launching the browser. It spins for like 10sec but unlocks. If I visit a site before unlocking I’m back to
[Error: cannot decrypt]

1 Like

Another getting [Error: cannot decrypt] with the Chrome extension. Is this a new version? The “locked” red dot has been replaced with a padlock? I suggest the maintainers of the extension roll back to the previous version until they have properly tested this new version… Thanks!

This worked a treat for me on Brave.

Cheers bud.

still cant login on chrome nor android.

I have the same problem. It’s not the only problem I experienced since I did a Windows update yesterday. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Nothing to do with the Windows update unfortunately (windows updates are usually easy to roll back). There was also BitWarden extension update yesterday, I’m experiencing the same issues on Windows 10, 11 and Linux.