Chrome error [Error: cannot decrypt] after a power outage

Hello, I came home today to find I had had a power outage. Rebooted both the desktop and laptop and Bitwarden is giving me the error [Error: cannot decrypt] on the desktop only. It is working correctly on the laptop. I’ve rebooted… no joy. Recommendations?? I’m fairly new to Bitwarden. Thanks!!

5 Likes

I’ve found this issue within the Desktop app and other misc. issues with the browser extensions i.e. browser integration and biometric unlock not working.

Try to uninstall and reinstall, login again and this should solve any issues.

2 Likes

Thank You For Your Quick Response! (Sorry, response had to be more than 15 characters. I think this works!)

all my saved sites just say [error:cannot decrpyt]

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I hope someone figures it out soon. Ok fix it by logging out and back in. That fixed it for me. Ok Chrome is pissing me off. I had to log out and back in every time i close the browser.

1 Like

Also experiencing this on Brave.

Extension version: Version: 1.56.0

1 Like

This fix also worked for me. Great call.

Same for me, please fix it

the fix (log out and back in again) doesn’t work consistently

neither does uninstalling and re-installing the plugin

the Edge plugin seems to be working fine (for the moment - hope it doesn’t update!)

Go SETTINGS → SYNC. And “SYNC NOW”!
FIXED! YOUR WELCOME!
:grin:

18 Likes

Vault Synced several times … still consuming 100% CPU and getting disabled by Chrome

1 Like

Hey everyone! We’ve paused further updates on this version and are investigating - thanks for raising the issue!

9 Likes

Had the same error on Chrome once upgraded. Fixed by disabling and then re-enabling the plugin (no reinstall needed).

1 Like

Yes! This works! :grin:

Had the same issue. Triggering a sync cleared the problem for me.

2 Likes

Had the same issue

you’re our life saver! thx

1 Like

Go SETTINGS → SYNC. And “SYNC NOW”!
FIXED! YOUR WELCOME!

= Working great! Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Thanks a lot it works!

Thanks man! It worked just fine. Otherwise I had to login again by first manually logging out. Phew!

1 Like