Fingerprint Support (All Platforms) - To do not re-prompt the master password all the time

app:all

Hi,
Excellent question, the answer is: it’s not different. If you want Windows to encrypt your hard drive (with bitlocker) then it won’t let you unlock with your fingerprint, for that very same reason.

François

If you want to see further details on Windows Unlock (in another way), please check this:

1. [SOLVED] 2 questions about vault session unlock
  2. Log into Windows desktop app using mobile app

I just voted on this one. I also want to note that LastPass, 1Password and Dashlane all have this feature now for Windows. This is the only feature holding me back from Bitwarden at this time.

Same here. I do not want to enter my master password 20 times a day.

I know the main topic of this thread is to unlock the vault with the fingerprint, but it would also be nice if we had a PIN unlock in other platforms at this time. (In addition to this, of course.)

As Kyle has already created the proper thread, it’s not necessary to create a new one, but let’s put it together to make sure things are clear enough for everyone.

I came here specifically searching for this. I must echo other posters in saying this is the one and only remaining thing keeping me from switching from Lastpass to BitWarden.

Indeed. I cannot contemplate moving to Bitwarden from 1Password until there is fingerprint support at minimum in the Chrome extension in macOS. I don’t want to leave my vault unlocked for huge portions of the day, but I also do not want to be entering my 30+ character master password multiple times a day either.

Crucially, I would be a paying customer, and I would rather be paying that money to Bitwarden than I would anyone else based on all of the other functionality I’ve seen. But I also cannot compromise either security or productivity so it is something that needs to be resolved.

Touch ID support for macOS

Another waiting for FingerPrint support for Chrome Extension

This is also my point of view. I really like BitWarden. I was changing from LastPass (premium) to BitWarden. Mostly because of the sh*t Firefox addon from Lastpass under Windows and because of FOSS.

Fingerprint support would be really important for me too.

I really don’t want to compromise, but there is one. I have been testing BitWarden using its PIN security feature.

It does mean I feel happier having my lock out toned down to minutes rather than hours, and the master password is only required on restart.

But a six digit PIN number (and, yes, it’s a date, so not exactly difficult to guess if you know me) is a huge compromise compared to a finger print.

I’m just glad Touch/Face ID works on iOS at least. I’m still leaning more towards 1Password though unless the Chrome extension and App start supporting fingerprint.