Export password list on android phone in json file type

Yesterday I thought I’d try to export my password list using the csv file type on my android phone. I did so and was able to find the file and view it. I then deleted it from my phone, then I tried doing the same thing using the json format, I never was able to find that file, I don’t know if I did something incorrectly or not. Has this happened to any other user ?
Thanks,
David

Hi @DavyP - the exports on my phone are saving by default to my Download folder, although I am presented with the option of saving to a different folder as well. Have you tried exporting again to see where the next download will be saved? I would try that, and then do a file search on your phone for bitwarden_export*.

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply, I tried once again to export my vault using the json format. I have the mixplorer file manager app installed on my phone. As soon as I filled in my password and clicked on the export button, the root section in mixplorer opened but I didn’t see any reference to the bitwarden export file showing up in there. So at this point I really don’t know if the file was actually downloaded/exported or not. Hopefully it’s not out on the internet somewhere, that could be a big deal.
Thanks,
David

It definitely would not have saved the file offline anywhere. I would try searching for the file with the stock file app from your phone - there is always a chance that your third-party app filters certain file types, like .json files.

You can also try exporting the .csv file to see where it goes on your phone, because the .json file should be saved in the same location.