Coming from Lastpass - any way to do this?

Hi,

After 10 years of using Lastpass, I am leaving - the March update is terrible.

Anyways. The way I used Lastpass was ctrl-W to open the extension and search my vault (ctrl-shift-y in bitwarden).

In Lastpass after typing enough of the site name to filter the list down to one item, I could simply hit ‘enter’ to launch the site in question.

It seems with Bitwarden that once you start typing a site, there is no way, via the keyboard, to select and launch the site? As far as I can tell, you have to click the ‘launch’ icon next to the site name.

Question is: is there a way to launch a filtered site via the keyboard?

1 Like

Does this help?

https://help.bitwarden.com/article/auto-fill-browser/

Scroll down to Keyboard shortcuts. Can customize in Chrome.

Thanks. But does not get me where I was hoping to be.

As far as I can see, there are only shortcuts to autofill and open the extension/pop-up window.

Opening the pop-up window is first step, but I was hoping to be able to launch the searched site without having to mouse click the ‘launch’ icon. It is a little clumsy, but you can tab to the filtered site, but hitting enter opens the ‘edit’ menu instead of launching the site.

Opening the edit, seems like a strange default behavior for the enter key. I guess it was built for a default work flow that differs from my own.

Odd thing is that if you tab without doing any search and then hit enter, the marked entry will be filled in correctly. I.e. there is a different behaviour depending on if your search or not.

A bit inconsistent, I believe.