Bulk collection migration

Feature name

• Bulk collection migration

Feature function

This will allow you to tick all the check boxes of entries you want to move, and then move them to another collection using the cog menu.

We need this feature. Without this feature, making structure changes as a big organisation is very tedious.

Please, implement this!

2 Likes

We really really need this feature, it can be a big stop if an user try to migrate to bitwarden

2 Likes

Bulk item / collection management is under dev currently :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just literally search if this feature exists. This would be really great to have.

Migrating over from Last Pass here. Really need this so I can add all of the logins to the Default Collection (it migrated in into a collection called “Unassigned”). But also, to disperse the logins for my kids into their respective collections.

Found on the github that apparently I could have chosen a group when I did the import - but I did not see that anywhere. And now, it’s already done, so I am not going back…

Thank you for your post!

Feature name

• Name
    Mass Re-assign of organization secrets to different collection/s.

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?

Similar to a personal vault where you can mass assign secrets to an organization which, asks you to select a collection it should be in. Users should have the ability to adjust the secrets collection for secrets that already exist within the organization. Currently, you can do this one at a time (there is no select */mv to collection) but, there is no ability to mass re-assign. For example, if I wanted to re-assign all secrets attached to specific email address I should be able to 1. query for the email, 2. Select All within the organization vault and 3. move to new/additional collection/s.

• What benefits will this feature bring?

Take a re-assign task that takes hours to a few seconds.

• Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected
    #vault #organizations #app:all

Agree!
We are moving from defunct MyKi absolutely need this feature. Import then export and edit then re-import is not a very sensible work around even if it saves my fingers.

Feature name

• Bulk add/edit/remove items between collections

Feature function

• It’ll avoid having to painstakingly assign a collection to each item (which already a 3 or 4 step process).
  • Users should be able to select items in bulk and assign them to collections
  • Users should be able to select items in bulk and remove them from collections
  • There should be an option here:
    Like so (currently only available on individual items):

This seems like such a basic companion to the Collections feature.

We’re running BitWarden as a technical trial, having migrated over all our data from LastPass. We’d have really appreciated the ability to quickly bulk transfer items between Collections, so that we can assign different users to Groups and figure out permissions. It is utterly tedious having to do this one by one, then having the page refresh each time. Especially after having ticked the boxes for all the relevant ones, only to find out the functionality doesn’t exist only after.

A bit frustrating to be honest!

1 Like

Thanks @janbaykara, the team is working on this as we speak!

3 Likes

@bw-admin Thanks a lot for this information - I am checking every few months waiting for exactly this feature as it is simply impossible to manually set hundreds of passwords. This bulk collection assignment is an absolute must in a professional environment, people are asking for it for years now.
How long will your team work on this?

1 Like

An ETA on this would be great, yes.

1 Like

Now it’s 27 days later since the last post in this thread - any updates on when bulk migration feature will be available so we can start using Bitwarden productively?
Thanks a lot!

Hey all, as the team continues to build out this functionality, we will share more information as it becomes available.

2 Likes

Any updates on this feature?

2 Likes

Is there a PR or issue on github that we can follow?

1 Like

How can a basic feature like this still not be implemented almost 3 years after the opening of the topic

honestly seeing an entry that this is under development from 2020 doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence.

I moved from keepass to lastpass based on ease of use for a small IT team (7 users) with a large collection of credentials. After the lastpass breach, I chose bitwarden because it was highly recommended. I am beginning to wonder why.

nothing about the ui conforms to any expectations for a modern app. organizing credentials is a 1 at a time nightmare and assigning permissions to ensure techs only have access to what they need requires a certain level of organization.

I find myself reconsidering the initial move from Keepass.

1. Allow organizational edits to multiple credentials.
  2. in the app there is no reason not to support drag and drop for assigning items to favorites/types/collections/folders.
    3 if you save a change that would update the UI… Update the UI. If I am looking at collection X and I edit an item in it so it is now in collection Y and no longer in X remove it from the display of items in X.

Thanks for the feedback Mike, rest assured the team is working on many items to keep Bitwarden secure for everyone behind the scenes and this functionality is in development by the team.