Automatically add tree-like display structure for collections when multiple organisations are linked with the account

When one has multiple organisations, the collections menu shows the total of all collections one has access to across all those organisations.
Very often different organisation use the same names for collections : Default Collection, HR, Finance, …
This results in duplicated names of collections in the menu structure (display only), but is confusing since one cannot determine which organisation the collection belongs to

It would be great that
-when multiple organisations are linked to the account
-that the collections overviews automatically displays a tree-like structure
-where all collections are “grouped” under the organisation name

I’m just getting started and I am already confused as I am part of two organizations with a bunch of collections and I cannot tell which are in which organization. I have to check back in the org vault to see which collection are there to match it back.

This is going to be critical for MSP users.

Collections are the main way of sharing between a customer and the MSP. Can you imagine having 20 customers and they all save in the ‘default collection’.

Trying to educate customers into naming collections with their business name won’t work either as they don’t understand why they need to do that. From their point of view they are only seeing their passwords.

This needs to come sooner rather than later or it’s going to get messy from the MSP point of view.

1 Like

We have over 100 clients and have been using another IAM / password management solution. We are looking into BitWarden as a cloud hosted MSP-friendly option. What I am seeing so far is a lack of rights segmentation and visibility segmentation. I should have to drill into an organization in order to see the contents in there. Furthermore, I should be able to setup RBAC-based groups for my team to be able to see or support content shared with the staff of the client.

There is also a lack of password policies, or item type templates. It appears I cannot list mandatory fields and create a new type template. That type template also cannot be mandated as the mandatory format for content inside of a collection.

This feels like a consumer grade application at best.