Archive old accounts

A small change in the backend is needed. The poll request is awaiting review.

2 Likes

Great idea! I would definitely want this. I just ran into a situation where this would have been very useful to have.

I have been waiting for this feature for more than 2 years and it is still not on the roadmap.
That’s a shame considering this feature request has been open since July 2019.

We used to use the Trash as an archive, but we found out the hard way that our data was deleted after a certain amount of time.
In the desktop app, you don’t even get any warning whatsoever that the items will get deleted.
Only in the web app.

I hope bitwarden dev team does implement this feature as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I need this feature. All the suggested workarounds are insufficient for the simple reason that they make the UX clunky, and this is fundamentally a UX request. I have north of 300 items in Bitwarden, and I need better tools to manage that volume.

1 Like

I can only reiterate this; and @henrebotha: welcome to the club of people requesting this!

@bw-admin Any hope for a review of the pull request?

Add me to the list of +1. I am new to Bitwarden and am shocked that this is not an already existing feature. Honestly, I was debating between 1Password and Bitwarden but ended up on Bitwarden because my company is going to move to it. I would really like this feature.

@tmcclaury Welcome to the forum!

If you scroll up to the top of the thread, there is an actual Vote button where you can officially vote for this feature. The vote count is currently at 299, so your vote would make it an even 300!

I voted. Hopefully the Bitwarden team will make this a priority.

1 Like

I have created a folder and moved certain old entries into it.

Where can I set that this folder and the entries it contains are not displayed in “all” or that the folder is hidden in “all”?

I need this fuction!

There are only workarounds for this, unfortunately. <rant>The feature has been requested now by 305 votes, and still no word from the developers when this might be implemented. Some of us represent subscribers with 35+ paid accounts. It’s been 4.5 years now…</rant>
My favorite workaround currently is starting with your strategy to put all the entries-to-be-archived into a folder, and then set the URL matching of these entries to “never”. Again, only workarounds exist to do this in bulk, let alone “regularly”, e.g. whenever the entry is put into that folder. All workarounds fall short of a real archiving function.

2 Likes

We have 100+ paid account, but Bitwarden doesn’t seem to care.

I use 1Password privately and they have this feature and i love it.

Hopefully Bitwarden Team implements this soon!

Please add this

1 Like

I just came across this suggestion from a different thread, which was closed and merged with this one here. The OP of this thread suggested this super simple starting point:

we would like to be able to see which passwords are no longer up-to-date. for example a different color or crossed out

This should really be a minimal UI change and a huge UX improvement for all of us on this Topic, 309 and counting

1 Like

This has +314 votes and it is still not on the roadmap.
I’ve seen feature request for less votes on the roadmap.

3 Likes

+1 vote

please implement this feature!

1 Like

I wonder if the xkcd author is on this thread as well, the latest comic fits perfectly to this open feature request from 2019… coming up on the 5-year-anniversary!

4 Likes

At this point, I’m probably just going to start yeeting my old passwords into a collection called “Archive” and hiding it from myself.

2 Likes

This is actually the prevalent workaround but it’s such a chore to maintain.

1 Like

I would love to see this feature. Ideally, I would like for Bitwarden to have a feature that keeps count of when logins are accessed/autofilled and if the password has not been edited or used to autofill, it would generate a list of suggested password/accounts to delete.

2 Likes