Android bitwarden

Hello,
I am trying to use bitwarden client on my stock Android phone with my self-hosted vaultwarden server behind an nginx reverse proxy.
To secure the server I followed the instructions here to create my own PKI. In my desktop browser I added the root CA and I can access vaultwarden without a problem and view my own certificate.

I am now trying to do the same with my phone but I am facing an error : Exception message: Connection failure when I input my email. I suppose that at least one of the problems is that I don’t have my internal PKI’s root CA installed on my phone.

I have tried doing the same on my phone but it seems to fail silently. Apparently Android has made installing your own certificates much harder so I am wondering if someone has done the same and if they can share a step-by-step guide to making this work.
A workaround could be to change things so that the server uses a Let’s Encrypt certificate.
Thanks in advance

@in12w Welcome to the forum!

Vaultwarden is not a Bitwarden product, so there may be compatibility issues with the official Bitwarden client apps from time to time. Your best bet is to turn to the Vaultwarden community for support: