We have lots of subdomains which use different accounts, now all are suggested

We have lots of subdomains under our company domain

example.org

such as

assetdatabase.example.org
tracker.example.org

and so on.

All are different systems but the accounts are always suggested accross the subdomains

is there a way to “tell” bitwarden, to treat accounts under a certain domain as different systems?

You can find the answer to your solution in this article : https://help.bitwarden.com/article/uri-match-detection/ :wink:

1 Like

i got similar problem, and all the example in the help doesn’t work.

The company primary domain are

example.com

and

xyz.fr

In my vault under setting ==> Domain rules ==> Custom Equivalent domain, i already set a rule and the are working Perfectly.

The problem is for some subdomain only the login are different

E.g

intranet.example.com
extranet.example.com
redmine.xyz.fr

use the following login

name.lastname

for the following site

fs.example.com
wiki.xyz.fr

the login os

[email protected]

For the following site the

ns.example.com

the login is

name.lastname [but with a different password]

the prob is when i go to ns.example.com it list me all the login for the other site of example.com

Why?

Because

fs.example.com
ns.example.com
intranet.example.com

match the “default match detection” rule.

All i want is when i go to ns.example.com it show me only the login for ns.example.com and there is no way to add an exclusion to the “default match detection”

As explained in the help article, you can set the match detection to “Host” on all your logins. They will only be suggested when the host fully matches (subdomain and port included) the page you’re on.

Another Lastpass password manager had the ability to specify which mapping to perform for the example.com domain. In Bitwarden Manager, the mapping happens either GLOBALLY or at the individual password / host / URL level. It is not comfortable. This could be tolerated if it were possible to change the settings of ALL hosts for the domain example.com. And so you have to either manually edit each host, or do export to JSON / edit in a text editor / import again. But here, too, there is a pitfall - when importing, all imported data is duplicated, and if all elements can be deleted all at once, then each folder has to be deleted separately.