Username generator

Story:
Many services require a combination of email address and password to log in. In that case the email address acts as user name. However email addresses are prone to spam and abuse. If each service has it’s own mail address, the cause could be identified more easily and one could drop a mail address which attracted spam. Users which have their own domain name could easily implement that and maybe later it would be possible to provide other users with a free service for that as well (e.g. each user can create a mail domain like @michael.bitwardenmail.org).
Features:

• The user can generate user names using a recipe
  • Parts of that mail address can be generated from a dictionary. E.g. generating a mail address like [email protected] should be possible
  • Some sites require a user name and a mail address. Bitwarden logins may need an additional field for that.

@gmail.com allows anything after a + mark.

ie.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

All four of these will send mail to [email protected]

I use it to differentiate services so if I get spam, I know who sold my email.

Can’t a spammer simply remove everything between ‘+’ and ‘@’, and ‘+’ itself?

@dabura667 The generator I propose can also be used to generate such mail addresses.

@vmn If you have an address which you never use without a + suffix, you can filter out mails not containing a + suffix.

While this isn’t on the roadmap yet, you could do it manually with online tools such as fakenamegenerator.com, fakemailgenerator.com or temp-mail.org

Those are the best I know of.

WOW! I never knew this. Learn something new all the time. Thank you!

Nice trick. That’s something I didn’t know of yet.

It would be nice to have it implemented as a built-in feature, your competitors already have, like https://www.lastpass.com/username-generator

I would certainly like to +1 this. Great idea just like LP has.