Unhandled Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException

Following the guide on the docs, I installed bitwarden on Ubuntu 16.04.

I can’t add a user so i followed this, which didn’t help. I realised though, that after ./bitwarden.sh updatedb output was

Unhandled Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 35 - An internal exception was caught) ---> System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory+ExtendedSocketException: Resource temporarily unavailable
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SNI.SNITCPHandle.Connect(String serverName, Int32 port, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SNI.SNITCPHandle..ctor(String serverName, Int32 port, Int64 timerExpire, Object callbackObject, Boolean parallel)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Bit.Setup.Program.MigrateDatabase(Int32 attempt) in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/util/Setup/Program.cs:line 285
   at Bit.Setup.Program.Main(String[] args) in /Users/kyle/Projects/bitwarden/core/util/Setup/Program.cs:line 57

Don’t know where to look next…

Thx for any advice!

I also posted on r/bitwarden, but I’m unsure about wheter someone can help me there.

The error is indicating that it cannot connect to the database for whatever reason. Is there some type of Firewall running on the server?

Yes! There is ufw in place. Do I need to allow a specific port? A couple of standard ports, such as 80 or 443 are already open.

Can you try disabling it temporarily to see if it solves the problem?

Same issue…
Maybe port forwarding needs to be in place then?

docker ps output:
fb39aacfd89d bitwarden/mssql:1.20.0 "/entrypoint.sh" 15 minutes ago Restarting (1) 14 seconds ago bitwarden-mssql

Restarting sometimes resolves this, but not always…