Unable to verify email address

I have created a Bitwarden account. When verifying my email address, I received the verification email but when I click on the link to verify I receive the error:

Unable to verify your email. Try sending a new verification email.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 14.17.23

I have tried several times and still receive the same error. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Note: Your question may already be answered in the Bitwarden Help Center.

@bnuserid1012 I do not know whether it will work or not, go to settings and change the email from there and give the same email.

@anon13423310

Thank you for your reply, however I followed your instructions and received this message:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 09.13.28

mm… Looks like you already have a Bitwarden account for the new email address you entered.
That means you have two Bitwarden accounts.
Delete a Bitwarden account that you don’t need. Make sure nothing important is stored in your vault that you are going to purge

Account or vault?

Sorry
I meant delete account not purge or clear vault.

@bnuserid1012 @vachan

• Login to your vault
  • in upper-right corner click your avatar > My account
  • scroll all the way down
  • You have three bottons there:

Select what you need.

If you receive a mail like this means you have a verified email address at the beginning itself. Just login to the account which you created at first and check the verify mail button is present or not.

I had the same issue and emailed support. Here’s what they said which worked for me:
“Errors like the one you described can commonly be attributed to VPN’s, proxies, ad blockers, antivirus, etc. Could you disable these temporarily and copy the email verification link and paste it into an incognito browser window?”

2 Likes

I have the same issue. It looks like caused by some browser extension.

I solved it by copy the link, open an Igconito Window, enter the url.