✅ Touch ID support for macOS

+1 this is a very important feature

Definitely needed.

Just chiming in to say that this would be a huge feature.

1 Like

+1 on this, would be a big factor in migrating to Bitwarden for me

Same here. i do support Bitwarden by paying premium for over 3 years now and would love to switch. Touch ID on Mac and Windows Hello keeps me from it because its hideous to type in 36+ characters master password everytime I want to use it ^^

Just moved over to Bitwarden from 1Password and Touch ID support made 1Password very useful. Would love to have this feature here on Bitwarden. It would make the user experience so much better for users that use Touch ID. Thanks!

Yes, this does look promising. It definitely would make sense to make use of this biometric API as a pin replacement, and not a master password replacement.

Also in for TouchID support in BW please! Would make purchasing premium enticing.

:pray: i need it

Attached my finding about Electron 5. The feature won’t be in 5 but scheduled to Electron 6 even it’s in mater branch now. https://github.com/electron/electron/pull/16707#issuecomment-506392471

I just need this to delete 1password :slight_smile:
Is there any plan for it?

+1 for me as well. Although it doesn’t keep me from using Bitwarden it would be a much appreciated feature.

Just switched to Bitwarden and I’m a bit sad this doesn’t exist yet. :cry:

+1 for this feature, just moved away from 1Password and this would most defintely make my life easier… I guess since BitWarden on Mac seems to be a web-app, and not a 100% cocoa native app like 1 Password it aint’ so easy…

Also I would like to say that moving away from 1Password to BitWarden was a Breeze, except for folders on 1Password that weren’t exported. I actually LOVE the black interface, and some things actually work better! site icons for example were all messed up or missing. Not on BitWarden :slight_smile:
I do miss the ability to synch offline, just a wi-fi synch between my Mac and my iPhone…
And as for clients, I will recommend this soft but some people are very paranoid about uploading sensisitive info to the cloud, regardless of the security architecture implemented

+1 for Touch ID support, which is reportedly incorporated into Electron 6, scheduled for “stable” release in 9 days, on July 30, 2019.

Fingers crossed (and ready for Touch ID) :smile:

This would be a hugely valued feature — easily the most important missing one from my perspective.

This should be possible in the future. Electron 6 will support touch id APIs as seen in their docs: https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/v6.0.0-beta.15/docs/api/system-preferences.md#systempreferencesprompttouchidreason-macos

6 Likes

Electron group has released v6.0 stable https://github.com/electron/electron/releases/tag/v6.0.0. Is it possible to support touch id in next month?

1 Like

Been testing Bitwarden for a while and I’m determined to switch from iCloud Keychain when touch ID gets implemented. I’d also buy the premium account because the notification about hacked passwords for $10/year is a no brainer.