Support Microsoft TOTP for office 365 (business)

currently when you try to configure totp in bitwarden for microsoft, it doesn’t work. there is a message that says not supported. I’m hoping that bitwarden can support microsoft totp so I can have totp all in one app

What is “Microsoft TOTP”? I can use the Bitwarden TOTP features for my Microsoft.com 2FA without issue…

Time-based One-Time Password algorithm (TOTP). When I try to configure 2fa with bitwarden on office365 the app says cannot read authenticator key. This is found under additional security verification for 2fa.

Sorry for necro’ing an old thread, but I’m having the same issue as Frank. I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong, but I’m setting up MFA for an O365 account, scanning the Microsoft QR code into Bitwarden via the mobile app, which says “Cannot read authenticator key”. I’ve also tried manually inputting the code and the URL from the Microsoft MFA setup site, and neither seem to work. Is O365 MFA compatible with Bitwarden? I guess the Microsoft Authenticator app must be used…

I also have the same issue. I get the error when scanning QR on mobile

“cannot read authenticator key”

and inputting the 9 character code manually doesn’t complete the authentication flow. I believe a callback is required to a URL like this:

https://cys01eupad05.eu.phonefactor.net/pad/XXXXXXXXX

Actually the way to make this work successfully is to do the following:

1. “Configure app without notifications”
  2. “Select secret key value”, which looks like something like this: glj5 tre2 gytb h62b
  3. Copy/Paste secret key value into “Authenticator key (TOTP)” field in an Item and save

I successfully did this with a business O365 account today.