To add to this feature request:
Can we set the default sort to be by last used, or most used? Or a combination of the 2.
Last used: if I have a todo inbox on my desk, the item I put in there last is the most likely item I will use next
Most used: I might use a bunch of random websites occasionally, but I will still come back to the most used items.
This is really odd as I thought this was already a feature in the browser extension.
Usually, my last used logins would show up at the top, but since the recent update (Chrome Extension) it doesn’t seem to be doing that and I can’t find the option.
I have about 80 email logins so I’ve definitely noticed a change trying to get into my mail.
I just needed this feature and I’m sad it doesn’t exist.
Agreed +1 specifically for recent changes…
Agree +1 . …also in special: the “Created” column in the admin panel/page . To see faster the last registered/created users… (that we have to put/invite in our “organisation”…) …
just made an account to express my frustration at finding a 4 year old thread of people being frustrated by this. Please +1
why? until from 2018 to 2022 ,no Sort items by date?
app and website
Hi @dh024 !
How are you? Can you help me again?
- I want you to merge the post Smart password filter, Bitwarden with minimal calendar in Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- This a post(Smart password filter, Bitwarden with minimal calendar) I think that would be better left here: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
Why do you want to merge?
- The subject is the same, the only difference is that I created a graphical interface that exemplifies this.
- Discover today that there is a post similar to mine.
- I hadn’t found a reference before about this, about the feature I wanted Bitwarden to have. So I’m asking you to merge the post because I don’t have permission to do so.
- The purpose of my feature is similar to what is discussed in this post: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- I’m not asking to delete this post, I’m request if it’s possible to merge it into the post: Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- I would be happy with your help ;D
If you can answer, I would appreciate your contact ;D
Fyi, here is a PowerShell option for reviewing recently modified passwords:
bw list items |
Select-Object -Property Name, RevisionDate |
Sort-Object -Property RevisionDate -Descending |
Select-Object -First 10
Add option to sort passwords by time added or by something else… So i can actually see what was the oldest thing i added into my password manager and what is the newest… When i go to “My Vault” and Login or anything else… or when i search something and if multiple things show up then give option to select from newest to oldest and opposite… from a-z etc… And also option to go back to “default” or “normal” sorting. This should be added ASAP, i can’t believe how is this not thing yet… This is ruining my productivity by a lot. There is/are 0 reasons not to add something like this… It’s quality of life update imo.
If someone doesn’t agree with me please write detailed explanation and examples why.
Hey @Glass47, you should be able to do this by using the Bitwarden CLI along with a tool called jq with the following command:
bw list items | jq ‘. |= sort_by(.revisionDate)’
Does anyone know for sure if this on the horizon?? I DO hope so soon.
This is way too savvy for me and probably for most people. Can you elaborate?
PS: I am using browser extension and i can’t use desktop.
Hi @Glass47, the above comment is for working with the Bitwarden CLI.
I recommend that the list of password items be displayed in order of most recently used or commonly used passwords, and avoid frequent searches for commonly used passwords.
Bump! Any news on this from them that know?
Back again and waiting a response from someone in the knowj
List by New
Often, when you sign up to a site, they will redirect you to a third party authenticator.
When you finish signing up, and get back to the log in, and cant remember the cryptic name of the 3rd party authenticator, it would be good to list by new, so that the name of the authenticator will be at the top, where you can find it.
This happens to me often, recently:
I sign up for filmstaden here in Sweden, their authenticator was something like connect21.com or some nonsense. When I go to the login page on mobile there are no items in my vault associated with filmstaden…what was the name of the authenticator? contact21…contactb1…I do not remember!
So I must go back to log in, start the sign up process again to find connect21 (or whatever)
Related topics + references
I cannot find any