New prompt to save password when not logged in

In the last hour or so, I started seeing the prompt to save password when I am not logged into Bitwarden. This is happening on Firefox. Did the extension recently update, and is this prompt intended when not logged in?

2 Likes

Yes, I believe it is related to this feature for a login prompt on autofill if your vault is locked:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! I log out of Bitwarden when I am on work-related tasks; I suppose I can disable the extension during those times.

1 Like

I see that devs updated Bitwarden and now it prompts us to save passwords for websites, even if Bitwarden is locked. That is actually a good idea, so I don’t have to unlock it all the time whenever I need to save the passwords, however problem that came with this feature is that this prompt window opens even if the password for the website is already saved in Bitwarden. So, basically, whenever I login to the website I always get this window pop up of Bitwarden, asking me to save the password, even if it’s already saved. It’s kinda annoying to be honest. Can you please fix this, so it only prompts us to save passwords only for those websites that aren’t in our Bitwarden vault?

1 Like

Devs, plz tell me that you saw our feedback and you’re working on fix. This problem is very annoying.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is really annoying as it is now a stable action when logging into any website. I recently installed this for a junior dev and it has already confused and annoyed him.

I don’t know if it is possible for the app to know if its already in the vault when you’re not logged in, so I really need a way to disable this functionality.

I clicked save password on a site that I already had in my vault and after I logged in it saved a duplicate for me! Duplicates are another issue I am having.

1 Like

Devs, hello?! Are you here, reading this? Either fix this, either at least give us option to disable it. Please do not ignore your community. That’s the worse thing company can do.