maOS Catalina

Is the recent MacOS Bitwarden App already compatible with Catalina (which seems to be available Monday or Tuesday next week)?

The one in the App Store is not compatible, but on Github i saw that there is a beta version which works ok with Catalina Beta

Thank you, Yzord

macOS Catalina now launched and the Bitwarden app is not working

I have upgraded to Catalina yesterday and for me the Bitwarden App (1.16.6 ) is working fine so far.

I get two error messages. First this one:

“.LTZ2PFU5D6.com.bitwarden.desktop.4yLY8v” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.
Bitwarden created this file today at 14:12.

There are only two options “Move to Bin” and “Cancel”.

Then I get a second error message:

The “cannot be verified” message means it wasn’t notarized.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution

You can bypass that message by rightclicking on the app and selecting “open”. That may fix the second error also, I don’t use the desktop app myself so I can’t test it.

Doesn’t fix the problem. I also tried to go to Security in System Preferences and authorize it there. Same problem still.

I also had an issue where MacOS said files were corrupted. It refused to run Firefox after upgrading. Reinstalling the .app on top of itself fixed that.

I cancelled the app and reinstalled it. No change. The problem is with the app, not with a browser extension (which luckily works fine - I am running it in Brave).

There are some known issues with our macOS app distributed through the Mac App Store on 10.15 (Catalina). We are working on finding a solution. In the meantime, we recommend using our .dmg app for macOS that you can download from our website here: https://bitwarden.com/#download

That resolved it for me.

You can also fix it by running these two commands. You will need Xcode installed to do it.

sudo xattr -cr /Applications/Bitwarden.app
sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/Bitwarden.app