macOS Native Autofill

Came here to add my +1. Found out about this feature while diving down a 1Password rabbit hole — they don’t support the Orion browser I use, but they do support macOS’ native API, which means they actually support not just every browser but every app. This would be huge for BitWarden as it would completely obviate the need for browser plugins on macOS entirely; just the desktop app would cover every use case.

3 Likes

Wait, does the native autofill also apply to desktop apps? That‘s cool.

1 Like

As I’m migrating from a Windows/Android environment to the Apple ecosystem, I found how wildly convenient it is having Bitwarden as the native password manager in iOS. Like at the system level, you’re able to swap out Apple Keychain for Bitwarden. I absolutely love this, for example, because I can go to a website and tap on a credential field and it automatically launches FaceID and fills in my credentials from Bitwarden. Similarly on my iPad, I just tap the fingerprint scanner and it autofills anything from Bitwarden.

As Apple IS this walled-garden ecosystem, I can’t overstate how big the void is, where I can’t make Bitwarden replace Keychain in MacOS. For me transitioning to Apple, it is like climbing a stairwell and one of the steps is missing. Please integrate this functionality soon!

5 Likes

Voted too, was considering to switch to Keychain but would love to stay at Bitwarden

2 Likes

Yes, please. It would complete the entire loop. The only place where you can’t autofill yet is natively on macOS.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

Would love to have this feature!

1password has exactly this feature. It’s very useful… it doesn’t really use native autofill but pressing global autofill hotkey somehow triggers autofill with macOS Accessibility API (needs permissions for that). It can save the association between the password and the app.

2 Likes

Adding my +1 here as well. Would love autofill support for MacOS!

1 Like

Yup, +1 for this please. I have come over from 1Password and miss this feature when filling MacOS dialogues for network share and other things that aren’t in Safari. Thanks :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

+1 for this! Bitwarden is a good app already and would be even better if it properly integrates with macOS.

2 Likes

+1 for this. I have been a bitwarden user for years and just patiently wait.

+1 this would be so great!

Yes! Please Bitwarden! Please implement this feature!!! :smiley:

+1 from me too. This feature is well needed. I was surprised about the lack of this function, since iOS and iPadOS offer to implement Bitwarden as the system-wide password manager.

1 Like

any updates for this feature?

+1 I love the native integration (and therefore replacement of keychain) on iOS and was quite surprised not to find the same functionality when I bought a macbook.

Oddly enough, I was surprised to find the not-yet-mature-enough Proton Pass will allow this functionality.

Was this implemented? I can’t seem to find it in the current release of Bitwarden. I am self-hosted.

Could this thread and the corresponding votes be merged with this topic as it’s basically the same feature request?

I’d love this feature!

Any update on if this is on the roadmap?