Linux Newbie - How do I install on Linux Mint?

Hi. I’m a Linux newbie - for reasons involving old-ish laptops and Windows frustrations - and a long-time Bitwarden (Windows) user.
I just installed Linux Mint 19.x on a little notebook and it’s running like a dream. Now I need to install stuff and I have no idea how to do that in Linux - I need the Firefox add-in and a standalone app. Can anyone break down the process for me please? I can’t find the idiot’s guide that I need to get going here!

Easy. To install the Firefox extension, go to the Bitwarden.com website, click the Download link, locate the Web Browser section and click on the Firefox link. Follow the prompts to install the extension in Firefox.

For the desktop app, on the same Download page of the BW website, Desktop section, click the Linux link. That will give you the option to download a single .AppImage file. It’s up to you, but I would suggest creating a directory of your choosing and move the downloaded AppImage file to that directory. Then it’s a simple matter of making that file executable. You can read how to do that here.

That’s all there is to it.

1 Like

Thanks! I found the Firefox add-in already - in fact syncing my Linux Firefox with my account got all my add-ins loaded easily! But being the absolutely ~new~ linuxer that I am, I had no idea what to do with the nice shiny .Appimage file I downloaded. Now that I do I’ll go from there.

Thanks again for the assist. I like Linux… :blush: