From lastpass to Bitwarden

I missed it at first but now I find Ctrl+Shift+L keyboard shortcut (which lets you cycle through logins on sites with multiple logins) much better. For the few sites where I’ve got lots of logins I just use the toolbar menu option. I’ve also found the custom fields and match detection much more powerful than LP, but it took me a while to get it setup correctly for my banking websites.

I can share the screenshot with you, its $51.00 dollars. I am not american. Im Canadian

1 Like

Thanks for posting.
This is a scenario that seems ideal for me, but it probably would not have occurred to me to give it a try. I do not use my phone for situations that require a login very often. Also, I have always been frustrated with lastpass on the phone, and I’ve seen more than one comment that bitwarden works better on that platform.

Price hike? $20-$40 a year is too much? you want these people to work for free, while you spend $500+ on a phone?

C’mon. I mean, damn. That’s just cheap.

1 Like

Hi Guys!
I am new here and also a LastPass refugee.
There is the grid feature from LastPass that I feel that is missing here.
If you guys also want to help here is the link for the proposal:

I’ve posted there the screenshot of the grid feature, for those whe are here longer than me.
May be there is an alternative solution here that I am not aware of.
All the best! Cheers!

I switched from LastPass to Bitwarden a week or two before the announcement of the changes to their Free tier.

When I first started using LastPass, I could use it on either desktop or on mobile, but changes made to the vault on one would not sync to the other. I paid $12 annually for Premium to remove that restriction. When LastPass removed this restriction from their Free tier, I stopped paying for Premium because “premium support” alone is not worth it to me.

But then, eventually, three things happened: 1) LastPass tripled their price for Premium; 2) they locked the desktop version of the Security Challenge behind a (Premium) paywall; and 3) they put ad banners for Premium on the browser extension and in the Web Vault. In short: they made it blatantly obvious that they just wanted my money—more money than I used to pay, and for no additional features.

So what did I do? Did I sign back up for LastPass Premium? No. I switched to Bitwarden. Then, I realized that I could store my TOTPs directly in my Bitwarden Vault if I signed up for Bitwarden Premium. So I did. And it’s still cheaper than LastPass Premium was four years ago.

It would only be worth the additional cost if LastPass offered something unique that can’t be found elsewhere. But they don’t. About the only thing that LastPass offers (at the consumer level) that Bitwarden doesn’t have (yet) is an overlay popup. Is that worth $24 more annually? By my estimation, LastPass’ only advantage is they sponsor influencers to market their product for them, and that’s about it. …And I don’t remember anytime ever that LastPass had a free live webinar for users to ask the actual devs questions about their product. Bitwarden has had several of those.

It’s all about marketing. You need to motivate your users to sign up for a paid tier by making it worthwhile. Actively worsening the free-user experience while raising the paid-tier price is not motivation to become a paid-user. It’s motivation to shop somewhere else.

5 Likes