Focus, please! ;-)

hi,

new here and yes, recently migrated from lastpass… :slight_smile:

have searched / read through the forum and, before i go to “feature request”, i wanted a quick sense check here about the following.
is it available (i.e. configurable) and i missed it? or am i missing something else? or am i the only one thinking about these things? :wink:

1. best option: when launching my browser (chrome for me), why is the bitwarden extension not popping up to allow me to log in? i’m 99.9% likely to need to access my vault at some point…
    as a minimum alternative: if not automatically launched as above, could i configure the extension to immediately offer the Log In window?

2. if i want to use bitwarden to launch a protected web page, the extension shows me the login for the current tab (if relevant) and then identities. again, 99.9% of the time, it’s my vault i need to access …

could i get some (configurable?) focus (hence the title of this post) to allow me to get quicker to the function(s) i use most?

hope that makes sense…

cheers,
pg

1. The extension will just turn red to indicate that it is not login. If you want it to be login in when you open the browser, set the vault timeout to never and the vault timeout action to lock, but it does not open automatically with a login.

2. Not sure what you are asking here. The extension does show the relevant website if it’s unlocked and logged in.

sorry if i wasn’t clear…
to try simple (and hopefully clearer):

1. what i want is the extension to automatically open for me to log in when i start the browser

2. The extension does show the relevant website if it’s unlocked and logged in.

yes, it does, but that means i have to launch the website first. what i want to do is see the relevant login at the top and my vault at the bottom, so i can go straight to the login details for the site i want to launch and click on the launch icon.
so you don’t have to go to favourites, launch the website, then click on the extension and launch…

I don’t think there is a feature like that in Bitwarden. The closest would be to add a favorite:

https://bitwarden.com/help/article/favorites/

Once you add the site as a favorite, you can bring up the extension and click on the vault, which will bring up the site up top. There may be a hot key for this, but I don’t know what that would be.

yes, know about that, but that’s still not what i want…

will re-think about it and provide some lastpass screenshots.

thanks anyway!

What you are looking for may not be available in Bitwarden, it’s not lastpass after all, but I will wait for the screenshot.

Then perhaps open up a feature request if you cannot find here what you are looking for.

That won’t help as this is Bitwarden.

Then perhaps open up a feature request if you cannot find [here] what you are looking for

thanks, had a look before posting here…

That won’t help as this is Bitwarden.

i know it is bitwarden but

1. it will help to make my point clearer
  2. there’s no reason bitwarden couldn’t learn a trick or two from other password managers, is there?

Peter,
I just wanted to know what he meets in case there is something similar in Bitwarden.

So for #1, as soon as you open the browser, one click on the Bitwarden extension icon brings up the login screen. Did you mean you wanted a shortcut to avoid one click? I’m probably misunderstanding.

as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so let’s try point 2 again… :wink:

my problem (or rather suggestion) is that if i want to use bitwarden to launch a protected web page, the extension shows me the login for the current tab (if relevant) and then identities or nothing), while 99.9% of the time, it’s my vault i need to access …

so…
I’m on my amazon web account and want to go to my ebay web account.

Here’s how it currently works…

When I activate the bitwarden extension, it shows the login info relevant to the current (amazon) page… and nothing else. Total waste of screen space. (See note at the bottom for even worse!).

I then have to click on “My Vault”…

To access my favourites / folders.

From where I can finally use the launch button to start my ebay page/account.

Here’s how I’d like it to work…

When I activate the bitwarden extension, it shows the login info relevant to the current (amazon) page, AND my vault…
From where I can directly use the launch button to start my ebay page/account.

Note: It’s even worse if I am on a page without relevant login.

I currently get this when I activate the bitwarden extension:

Where “Add a login” is pretty much useless, as the “+” icon does the same job and the bulk of the pop up space is unused.

Again, I’d rather have all this space utilised like this:
So i can directly access what i use most…

Hope it makes sense now.
Cheers!

So for #1, as soon as you open the browser, one click on the Bitwarden extension icon brings up the login screen. Did you mean you wanted a shortcut to avoid one click? I’m probably misunderstanding.

it’s not so much of a shortcut and i know it’s a small thing but when i launch my browser, i’m hugely likely to need to log in to some protected web site during my browser session, so wouldn’t it be nice to have the bitwarden extension automatically popping up when the browser open?

lastpass has this as a configurable option, which i found useful/nice and always used:

again, this hopefully clarifies…

thanks to all for your responses!