Family Plan - Purchasable Extra Seats

Possibility to add extra Family Plan seats for an additional price. Maybe $10/year/extra family member or have a large Family Plan :wink:

Personal example: Between myself and my wife’s family, we exceed the current limit of 6 possible accounts that are allowed on a family plan which costs $40/year. Switching over to a Teams Plan for 6 individuals would cost $216/year + $36/year/extra user (family member). So technically it is possible and as much as I love to support the development of Bitwarden, the cost increases dramatically. 1Password offers this with a $1/month/extra family member which seems like a simple & elegant solution.

10 Likes

I really want this too. Going from $40 a year for 6 people to $252 for 7 people in teams is too much of a jump.

Teams is $3 a month per person. That is $21 a month for 7 people or $252 a year.

As a family, we don’t need the Directory Sync and other team features. 1Password does this with $1 extra a month and that is fair. I wish Bitwarden would do this.

10 Likes

It would be nice to have something like 1Password’s feature - add an extra user for an additional dollar (in USD) per user

7 Likes

In our case we would like to have an indipendant family administrator account so that one of us does not have to be a full admin with the account we use to access our daily driver accounts.

1 Like

I also agree.

Currently 3.33 per month for 6 people is 0.56 per person.

1.00 per extra person per month adds an 80% markup to the 7th person onward. And brings feature parity to a certain usecase with 1Password.

Maybe even do 0.90 per extra seat and compete with 1Password a bit?

2 Likes

Yes, please! I just signed up for the Family plan and realized I have 1 too many people. Being able to add additional family members would be invaluable.

1 Like

Bumping this. It would help my family out a lot and in effect, create more bitwarden users!

2 Likes

I need this too please.

Me too! Between parents, siblings and children 6 is not enough. I already have couples sharing accounts and 6 seats is still not enough. There has to be a better way! Extra users should be possible at the family rate…so “Family Jumbo” could be 12 users for $80…which I could do by buying two family accounts, but the point is to be able to easily share and manage…and that can’t be done with two family accounts.

Come on Bitwarden! Come to the party already - this ticket has been here for yonks!

1 Like

Yes please, between partners with 5 parents between us I’ll probably switch to 1Password to be able to have 7 people in one family

1 Like

please add some kind of functionality that allows for families to add every family member, whether it be free or paid per extra user. its not fair that because my parents had more kids than your actuaries decided was the maximum profitable number, some of us just don;t get access to the family password accounts. i chose bitwarden amongst numerous options because it was marketed as a family product-- that, for me and many others, does not apply. hell, hit me up, ill code it for you for free just so i can have the functionality, but please stop discriminating against larger families.

2 Likes

7 Children here, need the extra spots please :slight_smile:

1 Like

The limit of 6 family members is the only thing keeping me at 1Password. Please add this feature…

1 Like

For me personally, the 6-user seat for a Family Plan is plenty. But I can see how this could be problematic for larger families as several have pointed out.

Being able to add additional users for an additional cost does seem like a good idea. But there would probably still need to be some cap I’d think. What number is reasonable? 10? 12? It’s probably different for various families.

1 Like

YES!!! these ‘family’ plans that aren’t inclusive of larger family units – and im not even beginning to mention the blatant systemic oppression non-nuclear families endure, simply parents who chose to have children who the company’s actuaries deemed not profitable enough to include-- are honestly discriminatory and should be considered false advertisement. if not justly and rightly automatically inclusive of the family members, there should at the very least be an option to purchase extra family members, at a price commensurate to the average value of the automatically included members. tbh we could probably get a class action lawsuit against numerous corporations i can’t see how it wouldn’t hold up in court its pretty blatantly false advertising. now that im thinking about it im gonna read through the contract/docs and see how they get away with it as it is.

anyway yeah there should be purchasable extra seats at the very least

1 Like

:sweat_smile: lmao i just scrolled up and i already posted almost the same thing in April even thats not that long ago hot damn am i literally that predictable and also losing my mind