Family Plan - Purchasable Extra Seats

Possibility to add extra Family Plan seats for an additional price. Maybe $10/year/extra family member or have a large Family Plan :wink:

Personal example: Between myself and my wife’s family, we exceed the current limit of 6 possible accounts that are allowed on a family plan which costs $40/year. Switching over to a Teams Plan for 6 individuals would cost $216/year + $36/year/extra user (family member). So technically it is possible and as much as I love to support the development of Bitwarden, the cost increases dramatically. 1Password offers this with a $1/month/extra family member which seems like a simple & elegant solution.

I really want this too. Going from $40 a year for 6 people to $252 for 7 people in teams is too much of a jump.

Teams is $3 a month per person. That is $21 a month for 7 people or $252 a year.

As a family, we don’t need the Directory Sync and other team features. 1Password does this with $1 extra a month and that is fair. I wish Bitwarden would do this.

4 Likes

It would be nice to have something like 1Password’s feature - add an extra user for an additional dollar (in USD) per user

2 Likes

In our case we would like to have an indipendant family administrator account so that one of us does not have to be a full admin with the account we use to access our daily driver accounts.

I also agree.

Currently 3.33 per month for 6 people is 0.56 per person.

1.00 per extra person per month adds an 80% markup to the 7th person onward. And brings feature parity to a certain usecase with 1Password.

Maybe even do 0.90 per extra seat and compete with 1Password a bit?

1 Like