“Don’t suggest this item” (again)

I previously raised a request for a feature “Don’t suggest this item”. There was some discussion on it overnight my time between @Peter_H and @dh024 and by the time i got back to it the next day, @bw-admin figured it was resolved and locked the topic before I could respond. I’ve been trying out the proposal for a few weeks now.

I wanted to highlight how the proposed solution doesn’t work in two ways:

Firstly, and this isnt really my main concern, but it’s very clunky - there are multiple button presses to get to the “never” matching option, rather than a simple toggle or setting. And of course, if you have to explain to someone what that feature is, then it’s too complex. Talk of things like “regex” probably put off most normal users - i certainly thought this was some complicated technical setting that i didn’t want to touch in case i broke something.

The main issue though is that it just doenst work as i’d expect a “Don’t suggest this item” option to work. Here’s a practical example.

When i open the American Express app, i’m given the choice to select one username to autofill with a single click. I have two American Express accounts. Until i set the “match detection” to “never” for one of them, the suggestion was always the wrong account - S****** - but now works perfectly to suggest only my account M***

However, when i click the key to view the other credentials i might use with this app or site, I’m no longer presented with both options, only with the account that still has the matching set to normal - the M*** account:

I have to explicitly search for the other one, by typing the site name at the top:

The expected behaviour from my feature request is that the tool still finds these results when a user presses the button to show all matching sites - just that the items marked “don’t suggest this item” are suppressed from the initial list of proposed logins.

Does this change your view of the usefulness of this feature?

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Don’t suggest this item”