• Server
  • Web
  • Mobile
  • Desktop

Timeline to completion (estimate):

ETA: Q1/2021

7 Likes

Server and web settings part done:

Help with mobile, desktop apps and browser extensions highly appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On the web vault selecting default defined usernames looks like that:

I wondered about how to do it in one input, but I cannot find the solution that satisfies me.

3 Likes

I’ve created three PRs:

1. server: Default usernames by michalchecinski · Pull Request #1170 · bitwarden/server (github.com)
  2. jslib: Default usernames by michalchecinski · Pull Request #286 · bitwarden/jslib (github.com)
  3. web: Default usernames by michalchecinski · Pull Request #854 · bitwarden/web (github.com)
3 Likes

Now browser extension preview:

And a PR: Default usernames by michalchecinski · Pull Request #1645 · bitwarden/browser (github.com)

3 Likes

This is really a cool and needed feature.

I hope you don’t mind, to make the interface cleaner could you have pulled the usernames from the identities?

Edit: Sorry, one more thing. I’m not trying to nitpick, I do appreciate what you’re doing.

Could you also have done a datalist element instead of a drop-down menu? This way you would not need the extra dropdown and the username can be the datalist where the user can type whatever they want or hit the drop-down and pick something.

1 Like

For the identities, I use my one identity, but want to have many usernames, e.g. my different emails, some usernames for where there are no mail option on login. So the way I did it, had more sense to my use case. Also, I think that identity is something different from username/login, and I don’t think that it is needed to have many identities just to have many default login options.

For the datalist element. Main reason that I haven’t used it is that Safari support’s it from somewhat high version 12.1, as it is listed here: : The HTML Data List element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN (mozilla.org). Safari 12.1 showed up in the March 25, 2019, which is rather new.

But I am not frontend dev nor macOS user.

I belive that two of those decisions must be made by PO from Bitwarden team.

1 Like

Bitwarden’s latest Safari extension has moved to Safari Web Extensions, which is only available on Safari 14+ (Safari Web Extension | Bitwarden Help & Support). I believe future development will be done on this extension version.

It might be good to get Bitwarden team to comment on the support status for Safari 13 and older.

1 Like

Great info. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:
But as you said let’s wait for the Bitwarden team comment on that matter :wink: