Can't load source maps cluttering console

I’m a web developer and rely on my console, and this morning I started getting all of these warnings clogging up my console. Makes my work more difficult/annoying.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/autofill.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/autofiller.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/notificationBar.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/contextMenuHandler.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/shortcuts.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/message_handler.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/autofill.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/autofiller.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/notificationBar.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/contextMenuHandler.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Until this is fixed, I did just find a setting in Chrome Dev tools Console tab called “Selected context only”. Turning that on hides the errors for now.

Hi @Nicodemus - have you tried updating your browser extension? There was a recent release that fixed some of the wierd behaviour on Chrome, and another one coming down anytime now.

Thanks for the help.

I have version 1.56.1 installed, which is the latest version on the chrome store.

OK, great. I see on the BW Github page that they have added bugfixes and are currently on release 1.56.3. Hopefully it appears on the Chrome store soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, this is still an issue in the latest version 1.56.4

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/shortcuts.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb/content/message_handler.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
1 Like

Same error here.
I removed the extension and installed it again from Chrome Webstore and still have the problem.
I am using the latest Brave browser.

Same issue as @Nicodemus here wink

I’m using Chromium 98.0.4758.80 with Bitwarden extension 1.56.4.
The issue does not occur using Firefox 97.0 (64-bit) with Bitwarden extension 1.55.0.

Are any developers in this thread?

We’re tracking the issue here: https://github.com/bitwarden/browser/issues/2365 - it should be resolved shortly :+1: