Building Bitwarden for 32-bit iOS devices

Hi there,

I’m trying to build Bitwarden to use on my 32-bit iPhone 5 (ARMv7s) running iOS 10. I’ve seen this forum post in which it’s said that Bitwarden is only built for 64 bit iOS devices, due to app size.

I was wondering if anyone else has managed to do so successfully. I’ve downloaded the source code myself and have tried to build onto my iPhone 5 from my Mac in Visual Studio. So far I’ve:

• Changed the “iOS” and “iOS.Extension” configs for Debug | iPhone to build for ARMv7s.
  • Opened the Info.plist file in source view and changed “Required device capabilities > arm64” to No.
  • Run “Rebuild All” with iOS > Debug | iPhone > myPhone selected

I get the following error:

…/mobile/src/iOS/error MT5209: Error: file is universal (4 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: …/mobile/src/iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/libGoogleAnalytics.a file ‘…/mobile/src/iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/libGoogleAnalytics.a’ for architecture armv7s (iOS) Native linking

From what I’ve read, looks like GoogleAnalytics does not support ARMv7s. Has anyone else run into this / know how hard it is to remove Google Analytics from the application? It doesn’t sound like an essential part to me.

Cheers

1 Like

I diched Lastpass because or incompatibility with older devices. I understand now it a 32 vs 64 bit issue. Bitwarden does not seem different. look like your legacy project does not attract a lot of support. I still hope the open community can save the old 32bit devices.
Good luck and hope you get the help you need to make it work.