Brave/Chrome extension strange behavior

Hi everybody,

Today I tried to unlock my BW extension on Brave browser as usual but it’s not working properly. The email and password fields are buggy, very slow or not registering what I’m typing and they are not displayed normally.

I tried to delete the extension and reinstall it, but it does the same thing. I cleaned Brave with the buit-in utility, and then my Mac with mine. I rebooted. Nothing changes.

I did the MacOS 11.6.1 update yesterday, so maybe it’s related but I don’t know.

I inspected the extension with my browser and in the console these error messages show up :

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://(i keep this chain of characters out because I don’t know what it refers to)/popup/web-animations.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

I also don’t know if this is relevant.

Anyone knows what could be the cause ?

Thanks

edit : Problem solved, and it apparently came from my router. I noticed several other problems on some devices at home and decided to reboot the router, wich solved everything. I leave the post here in case it’s useful to somebody. Mods can delete it if necessary.

1 Like

edit : Problem solved, and it apparently came from my router. I noticed several other problems on some devices at home and decided to reboot the router, wich solved everything. I leave the post here in case it’s useful to somebody. Mods can delete it if necessary.