Bitwarden prompts to save when it isn't logged in

When not logged in, Bitwarden still prompts to save passwords, which seems counter-intuitive. This used to confuse me because it’s almost always a site that I already know is saved. Because the browser also has login storage, I don’t often need to log into Bitwarden immediately.

To sum up: I assert that Bitwarden should wait to be logged in before issuing any prompts.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @billTheTailor!

Well, it used to work the way that you want it to, but in response to a popular feature request to have Bitwarden ask to save passwords even when locked, the current functionality was implemented in 2021.

Regardless, you should disable the browser’s native password manager function, as it may have security vulnerabilities and can interfere with the proper functioning of the Bitwarden browser extension.

There is no need to make it bad for the support again or go against everyone initially voting for it.

Just make it more refined. Give the user the option to disable the question in locked state if he/she wants to.
Leave the default after install as it is currently implemented to keep support calls low. However if the user goes in there and changes it then the user won´t call the support that it doesn´t work if he/she set it up by themselves.

1 Like