Biometrics not working for 2nd user on windows

I cannot believe how hard it continues to be getting biometrics unlock working.

I have a new Windows 11, I have successfully done the biometric unlock setup for one user on the machine, now on the 2nd user I continue to get an error when trying to enable biometrics in the browser.
Error: “Start the Bitwarden desktop application. The Bitwarden desktop application needs to be started before unlock with biometrics can be used”.

I have started the Bitwarden desktop application.
I have also via other posts learned about this windows registry entry (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.8bit.bitwarden) - all looks ok.

Anybody who have resolved this issue, or has some idea how to fix?

2 Likes

Hey there, have you tried toggling the setting on/off in both the desktop app and the browser extension?

Thanks, I did try that now @bw-admin with no success.

I now did uninstall and install again a few times on both users, and with the option to install both for current user and then all users on this computer.
It works (or seems to), but this was far from a pleasent experience.
Without knowing the details it seems to be a bug related to how things are written to the registry for either current user or all users (HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), there is something for the support team to look into.