Archive old accounts

+1 to this.
It is very helpfull for Organisations.

1 Like

Please provide some form of “non-search” folder, I have hundreds of entries in my Archive folder that I may need in future, but hate showing up in my searches.

3 Likes

@1ronnie sounds interesting, marking entire folders as “archived” , so that we can keep things in order even when not in use

1 Like

Just wanted to add my support for this. This is a feature I definitely made use of with Keepass. I missed it when I switched to 1Password and I still miss it now that I’ve switched to Bitwarden.

2 Likes

+1 to the idea. Please implement this ASAP! Thanks.

1 Like

Having multiple entries of old accounts that I keep around just in case, deleting them out of my vault naturally isn’t an option but it’s also annoying to still see them pop up in search results. An archival option would be perfect for this! :smiley:

1 Like

Especially as companies die because of Covid, I’m not going to need a lot of the account logins I have, but I need to keep them. I have over 90 Google logins, please add an archive feature. I don’t want to see these in my search as it takes me an inordinate amount of time to find the one I need.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing things such as putting “OLD OLD” before a name so it’s more apparent that those search results aren’t what I want.

1 Like

Suggest you think in terms of tags. Use the name field for tags you want to see or the notes field (whole word only) for tags you don’t need to see. You’ll still get the large initial list but with the right set of tags on the accounts you can winnow down the list very quickly.

But I agree an “archived” folder, or even just a flag, would be better. Something to keep old results from coming up at all unless they’re specifically asked for.

2 Likes

Any ETA here? The post is more then two years old.

1 Like

Hi @digitalreisen, no official eta on this one at the moment but this feature is still very important :+1:

2 Likes

i want to give this +10 of my 20 available votes

3 Likes

I created an account just to vote for this feature. Would be amazing to have it!

2 Likes

At this point just create a second bitwarden account…
Or create an organisation and remove the accessibility for this account for your user.

The way I see this feature working is: there would be a super simple toggle in Bitwarden that would allow the vault to only show:

1. Non-archived items or
  2. All items

Say, I have multiple login credentials for a website but only one of those credentials is the main one, the others are still want to keep but I don’t want to use it or even see them on a regular basis. When I navigate to the website, I just want a small concise list of active credentials in the list but should I need to access an old account I just want to hit that toggle that then lets me pick the credentials from that longer list of all accounts.

Suggestions of storing this in another account do not work as that forces the user to then log into a second account (which isn’t even possible with browser extensions). How would you even do this on a mobile device? It’s just not practical.

1 Like

Any thoughts on (assuming tags become a thing) having a global “Archived” tag, and combined with the following setting options which could be unchecked?

• Include archived items in search results
  • Include archived items in tab / webpage specific item lists
  • Include archived items in reports

Would that be hokey, fine, good, bad?

1 Like

Feature name

• Option to disable or expire entry

Feature function

Please add ability for users to expire an entry based on some future date or disable entirely. It would be great that the entry still shows up on search, but there should be visual queues in the UI to indicate that it’s no longer valid. Also, these entries should not show up on the browser extension auto password type or mobile extensions. This is important for users to keep records of old accounts that are no longer used but contain some details we would like to keep. Otherwise, old accounts begin to clutter the type ahead selection list.