Archive old accounts

I need this feature. I have a lot of old accounts lying around in my vault.

1 Like

I am on a rampage to get my old accounts deleted. So I am down from 92 to 18 . But some of the companies are reluctant to delete your account, I tell you what!

1 Like

They still clutter up the All Items and TYPES queues and, as someone else has noted, searches too. My only solution is to stick ZZ in front of the names

That’s a very neat solution

That’s the sort of response I’d expect from an IT person. That involves the time and effort of moving them from one application to another, compared to having an option say to just click a folder to prevent its contents being widely available

Add me to the list of folks wanting an EASY, QUICK way to archive items - right now I move them to my ZZ-Archive folder, sometimes I modify the name to add “acct deleted”, usually I’ll add a note if I delete the account. I almost never remember to change the url matching to never. I really want to designate one folder as the archive folder, and that folder doesn’t can be excluded from duplicate and weak password checks, can be excluded from searches, and excluded from matching. I waited for YEARS for Lastpass to add that. Wouldn’t go back to them just for that feature, but still, seems like a pretty basic thing to offer.

I missed your original reply but think setting matching to never is a very clever workaround.

That is a method, but not ideal. If you have multiple rules, and especially if different matching rules, that can cause issue to restore. Plus, you have to do each one manually.
Better version would be adding something like an underscore to the start of the match string (_http://...). Not ideal, but slightly better than changing a rule that could get mixed up.

here is some information you might like. i personally hate to use ZZ to sort things to the end of a list. here are some more aesthetically pleasing options that will accomplish the task.

my preference is “一” because it looks nearly identical to an em-dash (—一) in most typefaces, but sorts to the end. then i use wincompose to insert it because i have a tkl keyboard, but straight unicode hex input is also very viable.

2 Likes

This is pretty neat feature , I also in need of it, there are accounts and secure notes I not even remember anymore that I sure want to keep for future (who knows when I gonna need it?), but not wanting them cluttering my vault , @tgreer what are the odds of this getting implemented ?

1 Like

It’s on the backlog as a higher priority item. The trash definitely wasn’t intended to be used as an interim ‘archive’ :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hello everybody
we love the functions in bitwarden very much and it is an added value for us.
We used to use password depot and there is the function to set an end date for the passwords and so we can obviously see which are no longer valid. We do not delete any passwords, but we would like to be able to see which passwords are no longer up-to-date. for example a different color or crossed out

1 Like

This could be useful so that you know which old passwords have been comprised, for example in the case if an old forum that went dark 10 years ago suddenly got its database leaked.

1 Like

Feature name

• Disable/hidden Flag on vault items so they do not appear in search or browser prompts

Feature function

• I have some passwords I want to keep in case I ever need them again, but generally will never use again, so I’d like to disable them. One example is multiple email accounts for Gmail. I only have one active account, but always see four accounts in the bitwarden interfaces. I’d really like to disable three of them.
2 Likes

I think that an easy fix for this for the dev will be like a label ‘=DO NOT SHOW=’
And every item with that label will not be shown in the search but still available when browsing

1 Like

What is the ETA for this feature?

Hi!

No ETA just yet, but the major item roadmap and general timeline for those items is available here:

1 Like

I too also really wish there was this feature. Essentially, it just requires every vault entry to have a checkbox whether it is Archived or not. And then there is a quick easy filter option to show All, Archived or Non-Archived items.

1 Like

@Fethbita replying to your message on the roadmap thread - this is still on our radar, but not in planning/dev at the moment.

4 Likes

This actually seems like a really low hanging fruit, would be great!

3 Likes