"An error has occured, Access is denied. Please contact customer service"

Did you try relogging in after that, the problem is usually solved within an hour as soon as they receive an email from users.
It happened with me twice and it was fixed for me both the time within an hour of the email being sent with required details. , though you may get a confirmation email about the fix a little later.
I hope it wil help

Very late last night I go back in, everything seemed back to normal - so they fixed it. However, in this case, my case, I have been out 5 days; and this happened a mere 2 days after I switched from LastPass because of things like this and worse. You can imagine that I will need to regain trust in BitWarden - I know it might just be happenstance.
The futur will tells us.
Thanks for caring.

Thanks for the feedback @Thierry_Roger, usually the team is super quick to respond to inquiries + follow-ups and Iā€™ll check in on why your particular follow-up message may have been delayed.

I asked here and then to customer support, havenā€™t heard anything back in a week and still canā€™t log in.
I really liked Bitwarden but it just refuses to let me access to my vault!

Hey @cilofrapez did you use the email associated with your Bitwarden account? You should receive an automated reply right away. If this did not happen, please submit a new ticket at Get in Touch | Bitwarden

hi everyone,

for last few days i cant login to my account,
first i thought i forgot my password or something like that. then i tried to login using my friends account but that failed too.

when i trying to login the error in the console is
see first pic of https://imgur.com/a/pW8XH2D (wont let me post two pic bc im new)

so i thought its a server issue should be fixed soon. but its been more than 4 daysā€¦

then today i thought lets try to create a account and see if its possible to login using thatā€¦ and the error on the console is
see second pic of https://imgur.com/a/pW8XH2D (wont let me post two pic bc im new)

did my ip got banned or something ?? or am i hitting some old server ??

i also tried to login from a phone
but that failed too.

im freaking out now.
not only my password but also many important bit of informations are inside my vault.

thanks in advance.
ps: dont mind my bad english

Hey @zurat, if changing networks, or VPN connections does not resolve the issue, please contact the support team as directed in the error message at Get in Touch | Bitwarden

Hey @Brahma, just to confirm, did you try the following steps?

Try to connect from a different network, i.e., change from Wi-Fi to a 4g connection, or use a different Wi-Fi network. If you are using Tor, try changing your exit node. Or if you are using a proxy service or a VPN, try changing your server or disabling your VPN.

Nevermind, was able to get it on the 14th try. Brute forcing FTW!

Thanks so much for your quick response, really appreciate it

Glad you got it sorted and sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

im having this issue this morning, contacted support, but not received reply yet, however, after restarting my router to get different ip from my isp and still not working, i tried to use vpn, and it works, does this mean that my network is blocked? and i have to use vpn to login?

I got this same problem today. Resetting router to get new IP did nothing. However, changing the internet provider does give me access, same with using VPN. Does this means the IP from my internet provider got flagged as unsafe?

@noahmaelstorm and @lyndisfere - Have you tried disabling IPv6 on your router and/or device? Occasionally this has worked for some in the past.

i can not find the settings to alter that, i dont think thereā€™s any change in my isp, since yesterday i can still access with no issue, so far the workaround is by using vpn and/or change to another provider, is there any change in bitwarden itself? maybe thereā€™s a new setting in the cloud security and just went flagging my isp as a not safe, is it ok to post my whatā€™s the isp having the issue with bitwarden here?

I had the same issue yesterday, today, I use VPN and it worked.

Hey everyone, if the steps at https://status.bitwarden.com/ are not resolving the issue, you can contact the official support team at Get in Touch | Bitwarden, and you should receive an automated response back confirming receipt of email, and the team will respond as soon as possible. Please ensure you use the correct email associated with your Bitwarden account.

I am able to log in using 4g Service, but canā€™t log in using my Wi-Fi. I donā€™t use any VPN. I do however have tor browser installed on my desktop. Please help me

Does it work with a ā€œnormalā€ web browser on your desktop ? And does it work on your mobile if you connect it to your WiFi ?

Hey all, please contact the official support team at any time if you continue to experience issues Get in Touch | Bitwarden

For troubleshooting, you can try:

If you are experiencing an unexpected error or access denied while trying to login, check if you are connecting through a shared public IP, VPN, proxy, or Tor.

Try to connect from a different network, i.e., change from Wi-Fi to a 4g connection, or use a different Wi-Fi network. If you are using Tor, try changing your exit node. Or if you are using a proxy service or a VPN, try changing your server or disabling your VPN. If the issue persist, please contact us at Get in Touch | Bitwarden for the team to diagnose and provide assistance.

support have answered, and the issue is now resolved, i suggest for other users who still have this issue to contact support

1 Like